Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

OneSickPsycho 04-15-2014 09:58 AM

Shot skeet for the first time over the weekend... god damnit that shit's fun.

Papa_Complex 04-15-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533526)

Loads of laughs with a 20 gauge semi-auto. Same with a 12 gauge semi, but not so much the next day :lol:

Rangerscott 04-15-2014 08:55 PM

I love shooting Pigeons. Cant beat the cheap shooting. Hell I'll use my tactical semi for shits.

Cutty72 04-15-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533526)

Fun and addicting, which ends up being expensive. Why is it all my fun hobbies get spendy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533527)
Loads of laughs with a 20 gauge semi-auto. Same with a 12 gauge semi, but not so much the next day :lol:

I prefer my O/U actually, probably cause it's my hunting gun as well, so I'm using the same firearm and used to it. :lol:

OneSickPsycho 04-21-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533527)

Yeah, a couple hundred through the 12g... recoil pad and all... still kinda sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 533528)
I love shooting Pigeons. Cant beat the cheap shooting. Hell I'll use my tactical semi for shits.

My buddy was using his sawed off, pistol gripped, 12g was doing surprisingly well shooting from his hip...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 533530)
Fun and addicting, which ends up being expensive. Why is it all my fun hobbies get spendy?

Yeah no shit... like, why can't I be into running or bird watching or some shit? The wife would fucking love that lol

OneSickPsycho 04-21-2014 10:48 AM

Along with clays, we shot a myriad of other shit... First time ever shooting an actual hunting rifle... Kinda made me want to get into the long game a bit...

Now, when I say long... I don't really mean long. I mean, sub-500 yards... aka... far enough away for me to feel like a badass. I'd also like to do some hunting in the future, so it'd get used for that as well.

I'd like something with a certain amount of versatility and as cheap as possible. Started looking at entry level bolt-actions, similar to what I was shooting that weekend, and something like a Savage Axis or similar looks pretty good to me.

Then I started thinking, fuck it, maybe I'd just build an AR and use that... cause I've always kinda wanted an AR and if it'd do the trick just the same, everyone's happy.

Thoughts on:
  • bolt vs semi auto
  • AR vs something else
  • caliber - price and availability the primary concern
  • anything else I should consider

Trip 04-21-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533544)
Now, when I say long... I don't really mean long. I mean, sub-500 yards... aka... far enough away for me to feel like a badass. I'd also like to do some hunting in the future, so it'd get used for that as well.

I'd like something with a certain amount of versatility and as cheap as possible. Started looking at entry level bolt-actions, similar to what I was shooting that weekend, and something like a Savage Axis or similar looks pretty good to me.

Then I started thinking, fuck it, maybe I'd just build an AR and use that... cause I've always kinda wanted an AR and if it'd do the trick just the same, everyone's happy.

Thoughts on:
  • bolt vs semi auto
  • AR vs something else

You will be surprised just how far 500 yards is, you probably want to look at more like sub 300 for practical fun, LoL. My club range has a 200/300/500 rifle range in addition to other shorter stuff. 500 is only open for competitions because you have to shoot across a road that goes to the rest of the ranges. It's really fuckin far away, LoL. I shoot my M1A at 200 mostly with a 3-10x 40mm scope, 300 is a big difference. When you get to 500 shit gets serious, I don't even bother right now. Still too much of a noob at distance. Most people I talk to about deer hunting pretty much say 90% of your shots will be at 100 yards or less. The guy I sit next to at work who is the president of the Safari Club in this region said he has only needed to make a shot over 150 a very low percentage of the time for deer.

If you really want to focus on distance and hunting, go with a bolt action and definitely go with a caliber larger than 223. I would probably go with a 30-30 for hunting, everyone just has it, hunters/stores/doesn't matter. People just don't regularly hunt with ARs unless they are fucking off with boars they don't want to eat or something.

CasterTroy 04-21-2014 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For me (personal opinion) I prefer an AR base for just about every rifle need, thus my answers reflect my preference and reasoning.

I've owned bolt action .22, .223, .308, .30-06, 7mm mag (all scoped)

AR-15 (multiple, and several scoped)

AR-10 (scoped)

AK-47

SKS

.44mag, .22 and .357 lever

Quote:

Thoughts on:
  • bolt vs semi auto

Followup shots are much more difficult to maintain target with bolt action. But at the same time....Bolt less tempting to waste ammo.

Bolt is going to be basically designated as sniper/hunting only rifle, as it gets to be a pain reloading a 5 round mag for "plinking" around having fun.

Quote:

Thoughts on:
  • AR vs something else

AR recoil is similar to 22 in many ways (as opposed to taking the brunt of the recoil in a bolt). The buffer tube absorbs most felt recoil allowing for very fast target acquisition after initial shot. I can empty a 30 round mag in 30 seconds and have a 12" group at 100 yards with iron sights (may not be impressive as military but for a "hillbilly with ammo", that's pretty dang good)

AR has endless parts and accessory upgrades. You can build a base AR for $600 and upgrade $100 here and there over time to have a superior rifle

Quote:

The down side to an AR based rifle is that it IS only .223/5.56 and some states will not allow deer hunting with that small of a round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533549)
People just don't regularly hunt with ARs unless they are fucking off with boars they don't want to eat or something.

EXACTLY

Ammo is plentiful and most establishments will have it in stock (zombie apoc consideration)

Most of the time I can score 1000 rounds of 5.56 for under $400. Sometimes $300 if I run up on a deal

New Magpul 30 round Magazines are running about $9 if you buy 10 at a time now.

Quote:

AR platform is addicting as HELL. Yeah it's a "do-all" rifle, but you build ONE and think "damn I'd love to have a short barrel" or "Man a bull barrel sniper setup would be the tits" and before you know it you have 5 in the safe all configured differently. Then you gotta get an additional safe :skep:

CasterTroy 04-21-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

You will be surprised just how far 500 yards is

And even more shocked how much money it takes to SEE shit that far away!

I've got my eye on This scope if I ever DO decide to venture past 300 yards. But I can't justify the money for just optics. So I'll stick with sub 300 for quite a while until I learn more about temperature, pressure and other effects on the bullets and why they do the magic they do

OneSickPsycho 04-22-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

You will be surprised just how far 500 yards is, you probably want to look at more like sub 300 for practical fun, LoL. My club range has a 200/300/500 rifle range in addition to other shorter stuff. 500 is only open for competitions because you have to shoot across a road that goes to the rest of the ranges. It's really fuckin far away, LoL. I shoot my M1A at 200 mostly with a 3-10x 40mm scope, 300 is a big difference. When you get to 500 shit gets serious, I don't even bother right now. Still too much of a noob at distance. Most people I talk to about deer hunting pretty much say 90% of your shots will be at 100 yards or less. The guy I sit next to at work who is the president of the Safari Club in this region said he has only needed to make a shot over 150 a very low percentage of the time for deer.

If you really want to focus on distance and hunting, go with a bolt action and definitely go with a caliber larger than 223. I would probably go with a 30-30 for hunting, everyone just has it, hunters/stores/doesn't matter. People just don't regularly hunt with ARs unless they are fucking off with boars they don't want to eat or something.

Yeah, no doubt. I just was googling 'long distance rifle' and different shit like that... everyone talks about 600+ yards... and the money that goes into shots like that. I figured I'd mostly be in the 100-200 yard range 99.9% of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533550)
For me (personal opinion) I prefer an AR base for just about every rifle need, thus my answers reflect my preference and reasoning.

I've owned bolt action .22, .223, .308, .30-06, 7mm mag (all scoped)

AR-15 (multiple, and several scoped)

AR-10 (scoped)

AK-47

SKS

.44mag, .22 and .357 lever

Followup shots are much more difficult to maintain target with bolt action. But at the same time....Bolt less tempting to waste ammo.

Bolt is going to be basically designated as sniper/hunting only rifle, as it gets to be a pain reloading a 5 round mag for "plinking" around having fun.

AR recoil is similar to 22 in many ways (as opposed to taking the brunt of the recoil in a bolt). The buffer tube absorbs most felt recoil allowing for very fast target acquisition after initial shot. I can empty a 30 round mag in 30 seconds and have a 12" group at 100 yards with iron sights (may not be impressive as military but for a "hillbilly with ammo", that's pretty dang good)

AR has endless parts and accessory upgrades. You can build a base AR for $600 and upgrade $100 here and there over time to have a superior rifle

The down side to an AR based rifle is that it IS only .223/5.56 and some states will not allow deer hunting with that small of a round.

EXACTLY

Ammo is plentiful and most establishments will have it in stock (zombie apoc consideration)

Most of the time I can score 1000 rounds of 5.56 for under $400. Sometimes $300 if I run up on a deal

New Magpul 30 round Magazines are running about $9 if you buy 10 at a time now.

AR platform is addicting as HELL. Yeah it's a "do-all" rifle, but you build ONE and think "damn I'd love to have a short barrel" or "Man a bull barrel sniper setup would be the tits" and before you know it you have 5 in the safe all configured differently. Then you gotta get an additional safe :skep:

I knew the AR-15 was .223/5.56, so I guess I meant, should I go with the AR-10. I recognize that throws my economy out the window in more ways that one, but is it worth just sucking it up and investing in the bigun right off?

Trip 04-22-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533554)
I knew the AR-15 was .223/5.56, so I guess I meant, should I go with the AR-10. I recognize that throws my economy out the window in more ways that one, but is it worth just sucking it up and investing in the bigun right off?

I want a SCAR 17S but can't justify that cost. LoL

With the AR-15 you are pretty much removing any chance of hunting with that gun, I believe some states even limit what you can hunt with a 223 round, you can hunt with an AR-10.

OneSickPsycho 04-22-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533555)
I want a SCAR 17S but can't justify that cost. LoL

Had to Google that... yeah, no shit you can't justify the cost. I mean, if I were working security guarding Tom Hanks from Somali pirates... maybe.

Seems like the point of entry for the AR10 is around $1,200... I don't need anything particularly fancy. I don't want to go full retard with the tactical shit either... some sights, a bipod, and be done with it.

CasterTroy 04-22-2014 01:14 PM

Unless you want to get stupid $$$$ and go .338 Lapua the AR-10 will be a very good choice for the money. For many of the same reasons as AR-15.

Just don't get a 16" barrel. That's really too short for 100+ yard accuracy. You'll want an 18"+ preferably heavy or bull.

OneSickPsycho 04-22-2014 03:11 PM

Coolio... thank you! :boobs:

CasterTroy 04-23-2014 10:31 AM

The neighbor just picked up a Remington 1911R1

This thing is nice!

I'm not a 1911 fan, but dang if it's not sweet!

We shoot this weekend.....may have to get one :tremble:

http://www.1911r1.com/~/media/Images...884.ashx?w=570

Turbo Ghost 04-23-2014 02:07 PM

That is sharp! I think it would have looked even better had they kept the line on the slide extension rather than curving it like that. Oh to have money!

Cutty72 04-23-2014 09:18 PM

As a strictly hunting rifle, I like the bolt, .308 or .270 is nice mid range.

As for people not using the AR for a hunting rifle, I beg to differ.
It is THE most common varmint rifle I come across, and some also use it for larger game (white tail deer). I occasionally use mine for that, and it works.

As for ranges, my personal experiences 75% of my shots are sub 100 yards, the rest are in the 250-300 range. Personal best is 435 yards on a white tail buck. That was with a Remington model 700 30-06 and Leupold 3-9X40 scope.

Trip 04-23-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 533566)
As a strictly hunting rifle, I like the bolt, .308 or .270 is nice mid range.

As for people not using the AR for a hunting rifle, I beg to differ.
It is THE most common varmint rifle I come across, and some also use it for larger game (white tail deer). I occasionally use mine for that, and it works.

As for ranges, my personal experiences 75% of my shots are sub 100 yards, the rest are in the 250-300 range. Personal best is 435 yards on a white tail buck. That was with a Remington model 700 30-06 and Leupold 3-9X40 scope.

You didn't read all of what was written, as I put it, people use the AR to fuck off and exterminate pest animals like boars and varmints as you put it. Not exactly game hunt, more similar to going pop squirrels with a 22. 223 isn't legal for use on deer and other large game in all states, so you have to watch yourself there.

Papa_Complex 04-24-2014 10:28 AM

Just curious. Would the shotgun in this video be illegal in your various jurisdictions? Apparently not here, which is odd, because I looked into getting a .45 Camp Carbine years ago and found that it was licensed as a restricted weapon up here, like a pistol would be, because its barrel length was a lousy 0.5 inch too short. And yet this is not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CE_QEC0hVM

CasterTroy 04-24-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533571)
Just curious. Would the shotgun in this video be illegal in your various jurisdictions?

Yes if you registered it as an SBS (short barrel shotgun) and paid the $200 stamp.

Incidentally my SBR stamp just came in yesterday :rockwoot: so my 10" barrel AR pistol now becomes an SBR

nhgunnut 04-28-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533567)
You didn't read all of what was written, as I put it, people use the AR to fuck off and exterminate pest animals like boars and varmints as you put it. Not exactly game hunt, more similar to going pop squirrels with a 22. 223 isn't legal for use on deer and other large game in all states, so you have to watch yourself there.

Just a note from oneof the guys that has AR15 in 6 calibers , here in NH we see and ever increasing number of whitail hunters using AR's iin either 7.62 x 39 and 300 blk.

Trip 04-29-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 533590)
Just a note from oneof the guys that has AR15 in 6 calibers , here in NH we see and ever increasing number of whitail hunters using AR's iin either 7.62 x 39 and 300 blk.

That's cheating, lol. It's still very very odd to see it in my area, at least for me. Of course I hang out with mostly older hunters that favor bolt action.

nhgunnut 04-29-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533594)
That's cheating, lol. It's still very very odd to see it in my area, at least for me. Of course I hang out with mostly older hunters that favor bolt action.

Clearly, the Crank to start guys outnumber the the semi auto guys here to but the AR platform is gaining ground , Also not unheard of to see an AK variant with a 5 round mag too.

Rangerscott 05-03-2014 09:20 PM

Buds guns has carbine and Mid length piston rifles for $600. The vid says they are blemished but he said he didnt find anything wrong with them.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...54498/redirect

nhgunnut 05-21-2014 07:02 PM

I have been slowly building out my SASS here she is almost done.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psac466060.jpg

Cutty72 05-21-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 533639)
I have been slowly building out my SASS here she is almost done.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psac466060.jpg

LOVE :dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble:

smileyman 05-31-2014 06:17 PM

I just got bored yesterday and ordered up a Zastava M77 NPAP in. 308. Poor man's Dragunov.

OneSickPsycho 06-20-2014 01:50 PM

Just got my CWP... gun shopping, then my buddy told me not to waste my time with a smaller gun, just carry my full-size IWB. Not secure enough for me, so I just bought this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1k4CzsQeXA

smileyman 06-21-2014 01:45 PM

:boobs: got my Zastava. I can't wait to shoot it. I know those. 308 rounds ain't cheap but I will have to empty at least one ten round clip in semi auto Erotic burst.

Cutty72 06-29-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533770)
Just got my CWP... gun shopping, then my buddy told me not to waste my time with a smaller gun, just carry my full-size IWB. Not secure enough for me, so I just bought this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1k4CzsQeXA

How is that more secure than a IWB holster?

OneSickPsycho 06-30-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 533819)
How is that more secure than a IWB holster?

No holster... just IWB.

Out of the dozen or so people I know who carry, none use a holster... :tremble:

Rangerscott 06-30-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533820)
No holster... just IWB.

I always thought the most secure way was to sag your pants and just use the waist band.

Cutty72 06-30-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533820)
No holster... just IWB.

I know, I watched the video. I'm asking how that can be more secure than having the firearm in an IWB holster?

FWIW, I use a holster by Old Faithful. http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

Being my only IWB holster, I can't compare, but it's secure, I've never had it move on me. It's as comfortable as it can be considering it's a full size handgun in your pants.

OneSickPsycho 07-01-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 533823)
I know, I watched the video. I'm asking how that can be more secure than having the firearm in an IWB holster?

FWIW, I use a holster by Old Faithful. http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

Being my only IWB holster, I can't compare, but it's secure, I've never had it move on me. It's as comfortable as it can be considering it's a full size handgun in your pants.

And I'm not saying it's more secure than an IWB holster, just that it's more secure than just IWB.

Cutty72 07-01-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533834)
And I'm not saying it's more secure than an IWB holster, just that it's more secure than just IWB.

Gotcha.

nhgunnut 07-02-2014 07:48 AM

The versa carry is a bear to practice drawing from

RACER X 07-02-2014 08:22 AM

I use a G-code INCOG holster@ 1 o'clock for my shield.

I tried a minimalist holster (covered trigger only) for an M&P 9c once before, didn't really like it

Can't fathom not wearing any kind of holster

OneSickPsycho 07-02-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 533848)
The versa carry is a bear to practice drawing from

I'm not having any problems... just takes more time. I cannot think of many, if any situations in which I'd need to rapidly re-holster anyway. Drawing is super quick...

OneSickPsycho 07-02-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 533849)
I use a G-code INCOG holster@ 1 o'clock for my shield.

I tried a minimalist holster (covered trigger only) for an M&P 9c once before, didn't really like it

Can't fathom not wearing any kind of holster

I thought about those... didn't address the issue of securing the weapon from flopping out... if anything, I'll get a piece of kydex and form a trigger guard for the other side... however, I don't really see it as necessary. I've tried a lot to get shit caught up in the trigger - boxers, undershirt, etc, etc... can't get it to catch the trigger, despite purposefully shoving it in there and wiggling around on the couch and whatnot.

Turbo Ghost 07-09-2014 07:09 AM

I bought one just before our road trip. I wore it with a Taurus PT845 for 19 hours which included a roadside tube patch at 3am! The only problem I had was once when things shifted around a bit and I went to adjust my airhawk seat and lifted off the seat and got my weiner pinched between the barrel and my tank-bag! It felt like a lightning bolt hit the head!! Not great at 70mph!

OneSickPsycho 07-09-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 533877)
I bought one just before our road trip. I wore it with a Taurus PT845 for 19 hours which included a roadside tube patch at 3am! The only problem I had was once when things shifted around a bit and I went to adjust my airhawk seat and lifted off the seat and got my weiner pinched between the barrel and my tank-bag! It felt like a lightning bolt hit the head!! Not great at 70mph!

lol

OneSickPsycho 07-11-2014 01:01 PM

Lube yer shit:

http://www.shootersforum.com/gun-cle...valuation.html

Rangerscott 07-11-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 533885)

One Shot seems to be the winner.

Cutty72 07-11-2014 10:38 PM

Intensive test. That took a lot of time.

nhgunnut 07-21-2014 05:41 AM

So I have put together another Junkyard build,
A 300 Blackout Pistol,
CMMG 8 inch Barrel
NIB Bolt and Carrier
Samson 7 inch Key Mod Evo
TM Lower
SB 15 Brace
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psspijggfv.jpg
With the Can on
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psrutclbhg.jpg
This thing sounds like a staple gun.

Turbo Ghost 07-21-2014 03:14 PM

So, what was the total cost with and without the can?

nhgunnut 07-21-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 533905)
So, what was the total cost with and without the can?

Well to be Honest , it is a junkyard build the Keymod rail is a scratch and dent Samson. 90 The Barrel I got used for 140 it is an Anderson upper and the PSA Pistol lower kit was on special for $75 the Brace was 112 and shipping. I think with no sight I am in for about $525. I traded used parts for the Cerakote ( Iddi Splurge on the MagPul Pistol grip paid full retail $20.

Rangerscott 07-21-2014 06:26 PM

Cool thing is you can shoulder that bitch.

Turbo Ghost 07-21-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 533906)
Well to be Honest , it is a junkyard build the Keymod rail is a scratch and dent Samson. 90 The Barrel I got used for 140 it is an Anderson upper and the PSA Pistol lower kit was on special for $75 the Brace was 112 and shipping. I think with no sight I am in for about $525. I traded used parts for the Cerakote ( Iddi Splurge on the MagPul Pistol grip paid full retail $20.

Not bad. I'll take scratch and dent all day long if the price is right!

RACER X 08-30-2014 09:57 PM

Picked up the new M&P22 compact, can't wait to try her out tom.

Getting a threaded barrel adaptor ASAP

Rangerscott 08-30-2014 10:30 PM

If Im gonna build a pistol AR as above. When I order a lower, does it need to be registered as a pistol? I have a stripped lower already from PSA from their last sale but sure it was registered has a rifle. I guess.

RACER X 08-31-2014 12:06 PM

get it listed as "other" that way you can go both ways

new M&P22 compact compared to my shield

http://i60.tinypic.com/dy9ao6.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/frp76.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/e7lyc0.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/nybmh5.jpg

as you can see the 22 is a little bit bigger then the shield

Rangerscott 08-31-2014 08:22 PM

Guess I could try going both ways.

RACER X 09-02-2014 06:57 AM

Form1 to build an SBR us only taking 1 mos, that may be my next project

RACER X 09-24-2014 05:40 AM

ordered 2 more cans

AAC pilot 2 and 556SD

capital armory

says they have form4's from april of '14 coming back now. weeee

Turbo Ghost 09-24-2014 09:31 AM

Hickock45 was at Bud's Gun Shop in Sevierville last Saturday so, I thought I would go down to meet him. I figured he'd be doing some little seminar or something but, he was just standing there with his son (I think) with a line of people coming up to him saying a little something and taking a picture then moving on. Not interested so, I went to Smoky Mountain Knife Works next door and bought me a new knife! I'm really liking it other than the fact I haven't had an opportunity to really use it! Here's a link to one. It's what we used to call a switchblade but, now they're "spring-assisted".

http://www.amazon.com/Schrade-SC70S-.../dp/B0015DGCVM

The reviews are terrible due to Amazon's false advertising. I'm guessing since they ship to anywhere, they thought it was easier to just ship the non-assisted model which is identical but, doesn't have the spring. They're legal in TN. now which made me happy! Also, the serrations are different in mine. Mine are rounded outward. I'll try to get a good pic of it when I get home.

Turbo Ghost 09-24-2014 08:59 PM

I know it's a gun thread but, knives and guns go together don't they!?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps7vjxlarl.jpg

RACER X 09-26-2014 05:30 AM

dis is what i carry, full auto is now legal in TX

http://www.protechknives.com/knives/...7T03-Large.jpg

racedoll 09-28-2014 03:21 PM

I have the SOG Twitch II, perfect for my size (hand and to fit in pocket).

http://www.sogknives.com/media/catal...sog_twi-98.png

nhgunnut 09-29-2014 09:53 AM

Grabbed another AK

So after Mr. Obama banned Russian imports, someone pestered me about how much I would ask for my SGL21. Finally to shut them up I threw out a what I considered an Obscene number and to My Suprise they started counting benjimans. So I gave the wife 500 and went and got me how me this.
A SLR107
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psjimuvoxj.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psqtf3tlcp.jpg
I love the Bulgarian Side Folders!

goof2 09-29-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 534034)

I've had the same knife for 4 or 5 years, just with a non-serrated blade. It works great. When I carried it every day I had to clean it out and oil it about once a year since it would get gummed up, but I found that interval completely reasonable.

nhgunnut 09-29-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 533991)
get it listed as "other" that way you can go both ways

new M&P22 compact compared to my shield

http://i60.tinypic.com/dy9ao6.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/frp76.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/e7lyc0.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/nybmh5.jpg

as you can see the 22 is a little bit bigger then the shield

How does it run and is the barrel threaded?

RACER X 10-01-2014 05:33 AM

runs great! yes the barrel is threaded. nobody makes an adaptor yet for it. several are about to start prob. though.

prob picking up a full sized M&P 9 this weekend, cerakoted burnt orange. new truck gun

marko138 10-02-2014 09:24 AM

Picking up a new carry piece today. Springfield XDs .45.

marko138 10-02-2014 03:05 PM

Got it.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...psjuck7zy3.jpg

Trip 10-02-2014 04:05 PM

Nice XD, Mark.

I really like that 22 compact, racer. Keep me updated on thread adapter. I have been leaning more toward a 22/45 lately though. I like my Rugers.

My fucking stamp needs to get here, getting close to a year.

Been probably one year exactly. Checked the thread, bought it at the end of September and sent it off right about now last year.

marko138 10-02-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534049)
Nice XD, Mark.

I really like that 22 compact, racer. Keep me updated on thread adapter. I have been leaning more toward a 22/45 lately though. I like my Rugers.

Been probably one year exactly. Checked the thread, bought it at the end of September and sent it off right about now last year.

My 2nd XD. I've had the 4" XD9 for...maybe 4 years or so now.

Trip 10-02-2014 04:47 PM

Yeah, I think we got ours at the same time. I have had my 9 compact for about that long as well.

How does the s compare?

RACER X 10-03-2014 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534049)
Nice XD, Mark.

might want to follow up, my check got processed in Dec., 10 months later got my stamp

wife carries an XDS9 w/ a green Viridian Lasar

nice piece though i like my shield better

while i like the 22/45, this M&P is to acclimate the kids to modern guns, and freakin palmetto state armory had them in sale for $250 at 1x, $100 less then i paid

Trip 10-03-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 534054)
might want to follow up, my check got processed in Dec., 10 months later got my stamp

while i like the 22/45, this M&P is to acclimate the kids to modern guns, and freakin palmetto state armory had them in sale for $250 at 1x, $100 less then i paid

Called this morning, it was approved mid september, says my dealer should have it in a few weeks if they don't already. Gonna have to see if my dealer has it already.

Fuck at $250, I would go with the M&P as well.

RACER X 10-03-2014 11:20 AM

Www.ghostgunner.net

Get a few people together

$70 billet blank lowers

Goto town!

Trip 10-03-2014 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stamp got there today

Now I need to find me a handgun to go with it. Got the rifle already.

RACER X 10-03-2014 06:37 PM

nice! they are so much more fun then i thought, thats why i ordered 2 more lol

i had to drive 180mi to get mine, lol

www.silencershop.com

too bad i won't be able to shoot the 556 as much as the private range i belong too only allows handguns 22 and air rifles at the closer of their 2 ranges.

Trip 10-03-2014 07:43 PM

I kinda ordered a 22/45 lite just now. Lol

I am lucky with my private club, about the only thing they don't want you doing is shooting the explosive target stuff.

I want to get a 308 suppressor next.

racedoll 10-04-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 534047)

Very nice! :dthumb:

marko138 10-06-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534051)
Yeah, I think we got ours at the same time. I have had my 9 compact for about that long as well.

How does the s compare?

I haven't had a chance to shoot the S yet. Hopefully this weekend I can get out. But it's tiny. Gave it a good cleaning yesterday, it's ready to go.

Bought a 12 gauge a few months ago too. 18.5" barrel on it. Shortest allowed in PA.

fujimoh 10-07-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 534034)

I carry the SOG Flash II

I like the LCP for daily carry and the G19 in my tank bag or backpack

Trip 10-07-2014 02:15 PM

I shot my first LCP this past weekend, think I will end up with one for my pocket.

Turbo Ghost 10-07-2014 04:00 PM

I can't shoot those things! Correction, I CAN shoot those things rather well but, my natural finger position doesn't land properly and I have to consciously place my finger where it belongs to be able to shoot one. If I don't, my finger comes around and contacts my palm before the sear breaks. In a critical situation I couldn't rely on myself to do that instinctively. Great guns and very accurate for what they are but, just not for me sadly.

nhgunnut 10-30-2014 02:20 PM

Being a bit obsessive compulsive , I kept noticing that I had AR pistols in 2 of my 3 favorite calibers so here is the solution.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psfetnmclc.jpg
I have a particular weakness for 7.62x39 ARs. So this makes 3rd AR in 7.62x39 (two YHM Carbines) and My 3rd AR Pistol. (an 11.5 in 5.56 and a 8 inch in .300 Blk) So early last week I was looking for a 8 inch 7.62x39 barrel , When I stumbled across Alpha Shooting Sports, where they had a complete with BCG 8 inch Upper with their 9 inch Rail and their flash can. (both appear to be an "Homage" Noveske) on sale for $479 It looked good on the web , but everything can be made to look good on a computer screen. So I did some reading , and the company appeared to review well and on Friday afternoon after the eagle flew I ordered the Upper. With shipping from CA to NH in came to $501 door to door.
I placed the Order in the afternoon of Friday October 24th and it Arrived on the Morning of Wednesday October 29th. ( Not naming names I hope that some of the other companies I deal with take note!) I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I un-boxed it. The fit and Finish is VERY good on Par with my rifles from YHM and S&W (it is so nice in fact that I feel a little guilty about putting it on the budget lower I built for it.) No tool marks everything aligns properly and frankly I love this forearm. Now as far as reviewing goes I have to stop here because as i write it is Thursday October 30th and I wont be able to shoot it and will post up when I do. However Product quality to date has me thinking that If I am looking for a rail or an upper I one of the first places I am going to look is Alpha Shooting Sports.
The other pleasant surprise was the SBX Brace. You see I live in the Southwest Corner of NH and I have a buddy who trains over at the Sig academy so when he is headed over I ask him to stop into the pro shop. I asked him to grab me a brace and instead of the SB15 he brought back the SBX My two other Pistols have the SB15 and when I first saw the SBX I worried that it wouldn't be sturdy enough. I was wrong it is very sturdy and noticeably lighter as well. They have also Capped the end so that it can not travel forward on the tube.
As you can see it lend a different look to the overall build as well. Also at the moment it is wearing my test Mule of a SIght a first Gen Vortex Sparc , and I have a hunch that may change soon. but I am excited to get this out and make it go boom!

marko138 10-31-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534051)

How does the s compare?

I like the S a lot. I've put 100 rounds through it. The trigger is heavy compared to the XD9. Recoil is a little worse, obviously, but not uncontrollable. Shoots nice for a small gun.

But it does make the 9 feel extremely easy to shoot.

Rangerscott 11-06-2014 10:43 PM

Planning on trading for a SIG 556r swat.

Rangerscott 11-28-2014 08:48 AM

Got the sig 556r gen 2. Thing kicks pretty hard. Surprised me it did that seeing how little my vz58 kicks.

racedoll 11-29-2014 10:23 AM

Took my older sister shopping on Sunday. She had no idea what she wanted since we were not exposed to handguns much, just shotguns and rifles. In the case, she looked at single stack but after shooting and more shooting she ended up with a Glock 19 Gen 3. She brought it on Thanksgiving so I could show her how to field strip and clean it, per her request. Now both of my older sisters have guns...finally! I enjoyed taking each of them shopping - who wouldn't love gun shopping and "spending" someone else's money.

Trip 11-30-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534075)
I shot my first LCP this past weekend, think I will end up with one for my pocket.

Got an LCP with viridian green laser/holster and an extra mag + 50 hollow points for $270 over the weekend.

Still need to build me an AR, seems like if I put it in his thread it happens eventually.

OneSickPsycho 12-01-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534152)
Got an LCP with viridian green laser/holster and an extra mag + 50 hollow points for $270 over the weekend.

Still need to build me an AR, seems like if I put it in his thread it happens eventually.

Wow, that's a smokin' deal...

Turbo Ghost 12-01-2014 11:24 AM

Has anyone laid hands on a Taurus Curve yet? One of the members on my Taurus forum went to the press release and got to run 200 rounds through it and gave it really good reviews!

RACER X 02-12-2015 06:12 PM

got in 2 more cans (22 and 556) and picked up a VP9 for the IDPA matches i'm starting to shoot. gun is way more accurate then i am.

Turbo Ghost 02-13-2015 08:07 AM

I just bought a 1907 Mosin for $194 with tax. I don't have access to any pics at work. I'll post some later. If you're interested in the Mosins, you better grab fast! The crate at Bud's gun shop was the last one available and the prices are shooting up fast!
My plan is to get the Promag Archangel stock and a Timney trigger. Should be fun to shoot! I wish I had the money to buy another so I could have one to restore as brand new and one for mods.
I cleaned on it for several hours and I'm still cleaning the barrel! Unbelievable how dirty a barrel can be!

RACER X 02-18-2015 09:51 AM

picked up a Glock 34 gen3 , long slide 9mm w/ cutout slide for this IDPA stuff, got a steal on it w/ 11 mags,

Turbo Ghost 02-18-2015 01:53 PM

I went to the gun show this past weekend and there were a couple of Mosins that weren't in as good shape as mine and they wanted $325! I wish I could have bought a few more when I bought mine! Next time I hear of some new supply of military surplus rifles, I'm buying several! Even if the price doesn't go up over time I've still got several guns! Win-Win!

RACER X 02-24-2015 06:03 PM

found local place that does TiN coating

http://i62.tinypic.com/290rl6t.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/140em1c.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2l8vw2u.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/111jkmx.jpg

most expensive shield EVAR! lol

Rangerscott 02-24-2015 09:43 PM

How much do they charge?

Turbo Ghost 02-25-2015 06:27 AM

Did that coat the inside of the barrel as well?

RACER X 02-25-2015 07:19 AM

No the inside is not coated

Only $40, but that place is not a retail type establishment. I had to call to make an appt to pick up my barrel, it's relatively close by. I sent my other Glock barrel to a place I found on eBay, MG precision

RACER X 03-19-2015 06:05 PM

got my slide back from cerakoting

i got a good price on it, because its was heavily used, slide had a bit of wear, so i figure why not, spruce it up to like new.

got a stanless steel guide rod, ALG magwell

next
dawson precision sights
talon grips

http://i57.tinypic.com/140ahxd.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/dcvon.jpg

Rangerscott 03-19-2015 10:13 PM

Only bitches use grips.

I need to post pics of my rpk with red dot. Id be damn the thing is a tack driver. It loves HP's.

Hmmmmm. I wonder how my 5906 would like having everything coated.

RACER X 03-20-2015 07:22 AM

some pics of dudes work

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/g...y-service.html

he's in Hondo, his wife just recently died, delayed my slide but thats understandable

Turbo Ghost 03-23-2015 06:38 AM

I finally got some pics of my Mosin (now Mosins!) After I bought my first, I decided I wanted to have one to mod and one to restore. The first pic is my first Mosin. It's a 1943 91/30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pssktvsv57.jpg

This one is the one I stumbled across and got really lucky finding it! It's a 1915 New England Westinghouse American-Made M91! One of the more rare versions of the Mosin platform.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psk97tnyjx.jpg

RACER X 04-28-2015 10:27 AM

wife's new heater

G19 gen4

New OC Trigger
Stainless Pins
Ghost 3.5lb Bar
Trigger Springs
Extended Slide Release
Internal Parts Polish
Vickers stainless Plunger
Wolf Stainless Guiderod Spring
added her green Viridian laser, she's G2G
selling her XDS 3.3 if anybody interested.

http://i57.tinypic.com/206fw8y.jpg