Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R
Default My mom tried to take me out.

Yep. Woke up at 7. Went to the local stealership to get a scheduled service done. Once it's done decide to take the bike out in the country a little bit and play with it. When I got done (out of gas and money) I decided to take the back roads back home. I'm about 3 miles from my house, and and 1000 ft from my dads work. (where she was coming from) I'm coming around a left hand curve at about 63 (speed limit is only 65 and it's wet out just stopped raining) and right as I'm coming out of the curve I see a white suv nearing a stop sign perpendicular to the road I'm on. No problem right? Well sure enough it stops for a brief, and I mean brief, moment then makes it's left hand turn right in front of me. To give a better picture im maybe 100 something ft from her (i hav bad reference with measurements but it was damn cloase) while she's pulling out on the center line with the car angled sideways through both lanes. Two choices here: I could have A) grabbed a handful of front brake as well as rear and tried to bring that bitch to a stop. (hoping the tires get enough traction on the wet road) OR B) make a split second gaze making sure theres no on coming traffic and zip by the suv on the outside on the the line of the other side of the road. I took choice B and luckily she didn't see me and freak out and stop dead middle in the center of the damn road. And of course as I'm n front and look back at the suv I see it's to my disappointment no one but my mom.

Now part of it is my fault for not playing the game everyone is out to kill me and slowing up once I seen her nearing the stop sign in the first place. But come on, she's sporting around a watch for motorcycles bumper sticker I bought for her. Way to set an example mom.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
papapoi
Lost

Thats f'd up any kinda funny at the same time sorry. of all people ya would think your mom would be the first person to know to look for motorcycles.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

Everyone is out to kill us and your mom would have been devastated if she would have killed you. Actually it would have been you killing yourself for driving to close and fast. Good story anyway and slow down out there
Old 07-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Everyone is out to kill us and your mom would have been devastated if she would have killed you. Actually it would have been you killing yourself for driving to close and fast. Good story anyway and slow down out there
He was doing 63 in a 65...
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
He was doing 63 in a 65...
Ty, and its kinda hard not to be "to close" to someone when they pull out right in front of you.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
papapoi
Lost

yeah traffic in pensacola is kinda bad lol