Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low
Default WTF---Never again...

...will I loan out my stuff...ever.

So, a good friend of mine (or so I thought) wanted to try her hand at road biking. I loaned her my Felt (~$1600), a pair of shoes, shorts, helmet, gloves, etc. You get the idea.

When I gave it to her there was one rub on the beautiful orange paint. I asked her to be careful with it and treat it as her own (my mistake).

I got it back today (Oh, did I mention that I delivered it AND picked it up AND loaned her the bike rack which somehow managed to fall off her car into the middle of the street...geesh). There are two gouges in the frame that go down to the metal (when she mentioned that she "threw it into the back of a friend's truck" I thought she was exaggerating. The bike is also quite filthy.

Now, I really want to just yell and scream at her for being such a careless twit! But, I would like to keep a friend (my SO is best friends with her SO) and keep some peace.

Any thoughts on how to get the point across that I am hurt and angry while being tactful?

Thanks and... rant off.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

SHoulda lit her up when you first saw it. You lost the opportunity. Chalk it up as a loss at this point and move on.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

She had the maintenance guy let me in her condo. She's not even in the state. I haven't seen or spoken to her about it yet.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
She had the maintenance guy let me in her condo. She's not even in the state. I haven't seen or spoken to her about it yet.
Well, call her ass up and light the fire.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Well, call her ass up and light the fire.
But... how do I do so tactfully...?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
But... how do I do so tactfully...?
With a shovel to the face.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
shmike
Follower

I'd leave her a nice yet stern note to read upon arrival home.

Sometimes verbal confrontation can lead to emotion ruling the discussion.

I'll never understand people that mistreat other's stuff.

If I ever borrow something you can be assured it will be returned in the same (usually better) condition than when I borrowed it. If that isn't possible the owner will be made whole.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

A good friend of mine told me once after I got all PO'd about some money I loaned another friend and never did get back...I was getting more and more pissed off; especially because I was "in the right".

He told me that if I wanted to keep my friends, never loan them something I couldn't afford to get back; and if I didn't get cash back, or that something I loaned came back damaged, to decide; what was more important; a thing or friendship?

Decide. If friendship is more important, then be silent, forgive her silently for having human faults, keep her as a dear friend and just never loan her anything AGAIN.

If things are more important, then just keep the resentment ball a'rollin'......

My gift to you,
Merry Christmas
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
A good friend of mine told me once after I got all PO'd about some money I loaned another friend and never did get back...I was getting more and more pissed off; especially because I was "in the right".

He told me that if I wanted to keep my friends, never loan them something I couldn't afford to get back; and if I didn't get cash back, or that something I loaned came back damaged, to decide; what was more important; a thing or friendship?

Decide. If friendship is more important, then be silent, forgive her silently for having human faults, keep her as a dear friend and just never loan her anything AGAIN.

If things are more important, then just keep the resentment ball a'rollin'......

My gift to you,
Merry Christmas
I hate you.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
I hate you.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE a good resentment...especially when I'm in the right.

A good resentment is like a loose tooth,; you can worry it and wiggle it around; it hurts but it feels so GOOD, too!

Both leave you with an empty hole, though........
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote