Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition
Default Chris' Valentines Day Ride Report Pt 1 & now Pt 2!

OK so my wife is attractive and understanding. Knowing she was having weekend visitation with her son who lives with her Ex and the fact that V-day almost always coincides with the 28 day circle of life and death, she agreed for me to have by best friend of 17 some odd years come over, spend the weekend, and ride motorcycles.

Friday night was a happy reunion with my college chum, bourbon was consumed and old stories relived until the wee hours. Saturday was cool, much cooler than anticipated so it was off to the local bike shop, Bill Eddys Motorsports for a gear refit and my buddy took advantage of a snazzy and warmly insulated Fieldsheer touring suit and we got off to a late start about 10 oclock.

We headed East out of Fayetteville and enjoyed teh Ozarks scenery until lunch in a place called Kingston. Small town kinda of a cross between something outta deliverance and the Andy Griffith show. We chowed on some good ole hometown cooking and then set out to find the real twisties.

And we did. Hwy 7 and 123 served up some of the best curves in the state and we hit them hard. Falling immediately back to the old race duels we lived out with the CMRA we rode as if that little chromed plastic and particle board trophy was on the line. I am sure we left countless automobiles wondering what they had just witnessed as a screaming Kawi 600 and a roaring Duc 900 sang the tunes of unbridled passion. We kinda kick ass.

Filling up several times without leaving our seat found us in Peel Arkansas and at a really cool crossing of the Bull Shoals Lake via ferry! The ferry ride was only a few hundred yards at a very slow crawl but the scenery and the feeling was incredible after the Pace we had run at all day. Once on the other side it was off to Mossouri and some of the finest twisties ever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg onboard.jpg (281.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg toecutter.jpg (62.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg whitecliffs.jpg (241.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg zxferry.jpg (300.8 KB, 1 views)

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!

Last edited by smileyman; 02-17-2009 at 02:52 PM..
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote