Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
And the reason for this blessed piece of mail? Apparently I forgot to list $45,000 in income from a company that has never employed me or my wife. Perfect. So I get to prove to the IRS that I never received something they believe I did. Should be a piece of cake.
Back in 1985, I got a letter from the IRS ( they were more like jack booted thugs then instead of the nice people today ) demanded $1800 due 14 days from when the letter was SENT . I "lost" 5 days with mail delivery They said I made $3800 at a former employer in 1982.

I went over to that company and asked to talk to the CFO. I showed him the letter and explained although I worked there in 1976 & 1977, that was the last time I was employed by them.

I told the CFO there was two ways to handle this situation....
1) Pay me the $3800 the IRS said I made and I would take care of the IRS bill

or

2) Straighten this out immediately and get the IRS off my back.

He copied the letter and said he'd be in touch shortly. Two days later he called and said it was resolved. It seems a clerical error was made in book keeping and my SS# was assigned to a local minister who had worked there part time. The minister has the same first initial and the same last name .

A week later I got a short letter from the IRS stating that it had been resolved. No explanation of how it was resolved but I didn't care since they were off my back.

Good luck, you get to deal with real people now instead of heavy handed thugs like we had to deal with decades ago.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote