Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Everyone is different but for me living together is like marriage....and I just don't want to do it until I'm actually married.

I think anything I'd find out about that person in the course of our relationship would be enough. It's not like I'm going to end a perfectly good relationship because he can't put his socks in the hamper?

It's kind of like "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free".
There are so many things you don't see about a person when you don't live together. It can be much more then just socks on the floor. It could be 10-15 things that just drive you crazy. In the beginning its not to bad its just something small. Have a bad week at work, your SO just getting on your nerves for something to do, 10-15 of your pet peeves that your SO does and it can become a big problem. It goes from oh he just leaves his dirty socks on the floor every now and then to "If that mofo leaves one more Fing sock on the floor I'm going to choke his lazy ass with it!!!"

There are some things that are easy to put up with. Somethings are not so easy. And I'm not even talking about sex in any of this. On a date you see the best of someone. If they are an asshole on a date run as fast as you can because most people are not the same person when they get home.

Take me for example.

I get pissed if I step on things. When we lived with Lisas parents the room we were in was crowded. Many times I would wake up and when I would put my foot down I would step on something or kick something.

When we moved in the house I didn't want a coffee table and said we couldn't get one. I said I want to be able to do a kart wheels in every room.

I hate all her make up and blow dryers and everything laying around in the bathroom.

Another thing about me is I walk around naked a lot. Some people would hate that. On a date I would be dressed.

One thing my wife loves about me is I never leave piss or hair on the toilet. Thats something that drives her crazy and could have been a deal breaker.

It might seem like I'm joking around but I'm not. I would not want to marry someone without living with them first. Thats when you find out who they really are, if your compatible and if you could put up with that person for the rest of your life.

And spending weekends with them is not enough IMO. You need at least a few months. If your still in that date mode your not seeing 100% off that person.

I just couldn't do it.

And I was kinda seeing someone for a long time without living with her. That pretty much stayed in date mode that whole time because of that. It makes things fun that way but there is a lot you don't learn about that way.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote