Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

There was a guy like that at my last job. He'd literally lie about the weather... like, he'd come back from a site upstate and talk about how he drove through a hellacious storm on the way back... and a while later I'd mention it to his partner who was with him on the trip, and, no, it didn't rain at all

He knew how to fly all sorts of craft from "his time in the service", and was called up on short notice to fly Shania Twain's helicopter to the stadium when she played in town.

He and his brother used to own more than a dozen Corvettes, then sold them all to buy a '68 L88, which of course is stored "on the family land" in North Carolina so no one could see it...

Lived on a big riverfront tract, big house up by the water out on the edge of the county... but his company mail all went to a down-scale apartment complex for "tax purposes"...

My Mom worked with a compulsive liar (a salesman, of course) who made up two marriages and a divorce over a period of years...