Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #29
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Yeah, they cut almost 20 hp from the 500cc motor when they removed the power valves from the design.
I dont actually have a problem with them dropping the 500 for the non powervalve in the case of the 500 Snopro. Its a sport85 sled, designed to get amateurs into racing an appropriately powered sled cheap. The idea is great. But there was no reason for them not to make it in a 600cc and 800cc configuration too. I would have waited a year, but I would have traded my sled in on an 800 trail racer next year for sure. Although I am considering a Summit 800r 153" powder sled next year. Wont perform near as well on the trails, but itll go anywhere and climb anything.

That said theres no reason they couldnt have dropped the 570 fan, and put a 600 liquid in there, preferebly last years model engine, which is bullet proof. And dropped the 500 altogether because theres 10000 sitting in crates for those who want them in 09 models, most went for the 1100 because of 4 stroke reliability. (old people who dont want to add oil to the resevoir need a 4 stroke)
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote