Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
Default Fat kids... Is it child abuse? /rant on

My wife and I took our son to the zoo last week and as is the case when I go into public with large groups of people I was amazed at how fat many of the kids walking around were.

I'm not talking about chubby kids who's height has yet to catch up with their weight. I'm talking about really obese kids with no apparent sense of appearance or health. Kids who's very large buttcracks were showing out of their amazingly large jeans, kids with stains on their faces and their shirts. Kids wolfing down ice cream and cotton candy like they just spent a week doing Survivorman. Not just fat, but sloppy, you know what I mean? The way they walked, they way they interacted, the way their clothes hung off of them...ugh.

There were just so many of them, it seems like more and more everytime I go out. I want to know why letting your children get themselves into that state isn't child abuse? I love HoHos and Little Debbie as much as anyone, but come on man, these kids would have to be eating them at breakfast lunch and dinner to get as fat as they are. At about the half way point we sat and watched what looked like a 12 year old girl in excess of 200lbs eat an entire giant cotton candy. She had fat rolls on her ankles. WHAT THE FUCK?!? Is a child to be responsible for their own nutrition and exercise? No, that's what parents are for, and I would be in favor of hers being punished in a way that motivates them to get their daughter outdoors and doing something.

I want to know when someone in charge decided that PE and recess were no longer necessary. My step-son gets 15 minutes a day for recess. 15 minutes....that's it. They don't even have P.E. every day so some days the school system honestly expects them to sit still and learn without any exercise whatsoever. We're talking about rambunctious boys here, come the fuck on...COMMON SENSE GODDAMNIT!!! What is wrong with these lazy fucking administrators that think its ok to not run the shit out of kids before they sit down to learn. Oh wait, we don't need exercise cause we can just get our kids all doped up....that'll shut 'em up.

My problem isn't politically correct. I don't care about their health, their well being, the nation's "swelling" healthcare problem or a myriad of other reasons to do something about this...I just get fucking grossed out watching extremely fat people eat. I'd rather be in the smoking section at a restaurant (which I actually hate) than to have to sit next to a fat family wolfing down all you can eat beef ribs at Riscky's BBQ (that was yesterday BTW).

So we're not supposed to make fun of them because its a condition, its a disease. Well I say fuck that, every other facet of society condones and coddles them providing absolutely no motivation to turn Jon and Kate off and get off the fucking couch. Now, I'm no tin-foil hat kinda guy...but at some point you have to wonder if there is a conspiracy afoot to dumb us down and fatten us up so that we're easy to control. Or maybe the media and so forth are only catering to an already dumbed and fattened society. I guess its a question of which came first. But if you're really, really fat...and your wife is really really fat, and your kids are really really fat and you're next to me in a restaurant, or at the amusement park or wherever you can expect me to have a disgusted look on my face and you may even overhear me say something to my wife about your condition and what a shame it is. Hey, tell you what, if you think you can take me in a fist fight then get your fat ass up and do something about it. Otherwise, consider a lifestyle change.

/rant off
________
Drug tests

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:04 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote