Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Because if it's the other person's fault it typically costs you nothing but if that other driver is uninsured, then in most places you end up having to pay your deductible.
So, my bike gets wrecked (I have replacement value ins.), it costs me 500$ for a brand new one when its two years old? If im not seriously injured, then bonus.

I guess I have a different outlook on these things than most. I've got my own problems to deal with most days, so I dont feel the need to concern myself with the actions of others who could be in far worst financial shape than I am. I know poor people. I grew up and live in a poor community. And I know sometimes people struggle to get by, and that no insurance can be a product of circumstance, of people struggling to get by, and that 200$/month is the difference between groceries and insurance, because the industry (forestry) that they've depended on for years is no longer profitable. They still need a vehicle.

I know how lucky I am to make 80k/year (with overtime) as a single man, and understand how someone making 15k/year could maybe not afford insurance when they have a family to look after.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote