Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post

Oh and Tigger, calm the fuck down. Despite popular belief the world isn't out to get you.
I didn't say the "whole world",I said certain members. Think I'm crazy? Look at threads I've started or actively participated in and see if it isn't the same guys always cutting me up. Whatever,I go back in for surgery in a couple weeks anyway so you won't be hearing from me again soon,if at all. Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
this is pretty funny stuff to read

and btw-i didnt mean sprockets create more horsepower. im not fucking retarded lol-i was refering to you (tigger) saying "why run your bike at a higher rpm" reason-more hp. typically you have more power at 10k than 6k.

and yea -fuckin expensive

what was the point of this thread anyway? you could delete all the replys and just say-nice sprockets-kinda pricey. but then it would be the internet haha
where did I say "why run your bike at higher rpm?"? I said, "why change your gearing when you can use your transmission to run at higher rpm." That's why you have a trans. to keep your engine in the powerband at various speeds. This is what I mean,you read whatever you want.

[QUOTE=Dnyce;28853]just my two cents- most guys that really care about the weight savings of a aluminum sprocket are also guys that make gearing changes more often than a commuter guy. those are also usually the same guys that add a slip on, then a full sys, pc, stacks, etc etc. at each modification step, the bike makes more power, and/or the powerband changes, so if you had the perfect ratio when you started-now you need to change it. i dont know how sprocket changes mess with your mapping tho. could be true, but dont make sense. and you missed the one reason that negates the reasons you mentioned-more horsepower! lol
QUOTE]

are you sure you're not retarded?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote