Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Exactly...How much did Gore make off of this? Alot...
I overlooked your post earlier and it brings up a very valid point...how can "buying carbon credits" offset the use of any carbon fuel? Carbon credits are not real "things", they are made up so idiots like Gore can use more energy than a small town and claim it's ok because he buys carbon credits to offset it!! I can't believe people actually buy into these ideas!

And Smittie, I figured it out myself long before there was talk radio It must have been 20yrs ago that Atlanta started talking about all the smog in the city in the summer time. It's not there in the winter though, hmmmm. There was a study by a group of scientist that discovered the smog problem wasn't from traffic, it was from turpin fumes released in hot weather by all the pine trees in the area. Guess thats why it wasn't a problem in the winter, huh? Do you know why the Smoky Mountains got their name? They look smoky in the summer, from all the pine trees in hot weather

I'm not saying large metro areas dont suffer from all the traffic in them, they do. But if you shut all the cars down it would clear up in a matter of days, not years. There have also been more health problems since they started using cats on vehicles that no one will admit to. Yes, carbon dioxide wasn't real fun to breath but it really isn't that dangerous, mostly an irritant. However carbon monoxide that is made by converters is poison to humans. But it's ok since it's saving the planet!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .

Last edited by ericr; 11-26-2009 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: kan't tipe
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote