Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #25
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
Fat, well said. I couldn't agree more.

Tmall, I'm not saying you're not making a good point, it's definitely an interesting perspective,holds weight and something to think about... but driving school to riding school, they're like apples and oranges in many ways. It's a virtual impossibility to do many things in the MSF that they can do in driving school.

For starters, you can put dual controls in a car so the Instructor can take over in the event of an emergency.... Even if you did that on a bike, you can't put an instructor on the back of a motorcycle with a student. And the logistics of bringing motorcycle students out onto the street would be an absolute nightmare. A lot of these MSF GRADUATES don't even belong on the street after finishing the course, nevermind DURING the course. We tell them that accordingly and always, no matter who they are, suggest extended learning opportunities.

How long ago was it that you participated in an MSF class? I'll concede that the classroom portion is only 5 hours, but there's a LOT of knowledge packed into that as well. So if you're looking at the knowledge gained, I think the two schools are quite comparable.
I did it two years ago.. I've been riding since I was a kid. And I wanted my license officially. It was the quickest way for me to do it. The waiting list for the written test was about 6 months. The msf was available at the start of the season.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote