Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default A matter of risk...

I may have a line one a new job, but there is a certain amount of risk involved in the position.

Long story short I may have an opportunity to work for a local newspaper, a subsidiary of The Chicago Tribune. Essentially I would be in the same call center game but with considerably less responsibility and potentially a bit more money.... Like an extra $600 or so take home per month (which I could certainly use). Its more of a technical role and would be less hours and far less stress...

But...

Its in what I know to be a failing industry. This particular department is growing significantly to increase circulation and has been successful. I'm thinking that it could be an OK move from the standpoint that it seems secure for the interim but I have no illusions that I will be there forever. I would be leaving a high stress long hour but stable position which has me contemplating if it would be a good move. I cite the quality of life improvements as my main factor for consideration but stability is a huge concern.

Thoughts?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote