Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

LOL Thanks for throwin' my name into the ring Kel...

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to do serious miles, and you need an all purpose suit that is good for all varieties of inclement weather, then you need to place a call to Duluth, Minnesota.

Before I bought my Aerostich, I looked at the BMW suit. I loved the suit, but the cut didn't fit me very well. It was also just a little more expensive than the 'Stich, but at the time, I wanted the right suit for the job. Price wasn't in the mix honestly.

I will offer this as far as the TourMaster. Prior to our tour in 2008, Carolina bought a TourMaster 2 piece suit. The suit had TWO liners for the jacket and the pants. One was a rain liner, the other was a wind liner. The suit fit her well and she really liked it and said it was very effective for cutting the wind, especially if you used both liners. I was VERY impressed with the suit to tell you the truth.

My only beef with it was my whole purpose for getting a suit was I wanted something that I did NOT have to stop to put in liners or put on, so the TourMaster wouldn't have fit my criteria at the time.

I love my 'Stich, highly recommend it, but it is not for everyone. If you're going to ride in more heat than not, I'd probably not recommend it. If you're going to be riding in more rain and colder weather, then absolutely I would recommend it.

Hope this helps.