Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Aqua, we agree on the profile of fats in grass fed vs corn fed beef, noone is arguing about that.

But the article your showing is looking at overall percentages of the whole beef. If you scroll up and read, I specificly said that ribs/back/certain other cuts DEFINATELY have more fat content than grass fed would, but that the leaner cuts are virtually the same. I think were disagreeing on different things.

I also said that corn fed have a much higher bodyfat percentage than grass fed. Its inevitable. We know that.

But lean cuts still have the same protein as non lean cuts.

What that article is saying, is that there is less of a percentage of protein than there was before. This is true, because the body fat is much higher. So yes, if you look at overall mass of the animal, it carries far less protein overall than grass fed. Its twisting numbers to make a point, but its also not the most effective way to look at the numbers.

But, lean cut for lean cut, they are virtually the same, aside from a couple of extra grams of fat, which goes back to my original port about HCFS and glycemic index. There is nothing wrong with that fat, if your eating correctly and seperating carbs and fat in your meals.

It goes back to one thing, personal choices. Its not the beef your eating that makes you fat. Its the whole structure of what constitutes a meal in North America. HCFS is not making america fat, greed is.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote