Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #9
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
So now what...bike goes back to the original prick ? This is a screwed up situation.
its impounded now, not sure and don't care what happens with it now. told him not to ride it. especially without a helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Oh, and who called it in stolen?
no idea. tried to tell the cops what i know, but they didnt care, all they know is that the bike was reported stolen and he was on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Ok. If I read this correctly, the manager nor your friend had any right touching the bike. Only the owner of the structure, and only if the bike was "abandoned". If the bike was reported stolen that quickly, it probably belonged to someone who intentionally had the bike parked there. If my understanding is correct, your buddy is pretty damn stupid for taking the bike. You'll be lucky if you don't get dragged into it somehow. Good luck.
what i was told is the guy who rode it in had on full leathers, said ill be back in 10 mins and it has now been a year. the condition of the bike when i first saw it showed it has been sitting for some time, i figured the steering is locked, so whoever left it had the key.

I'm not too worried about the lien sale part...just the fact it came up stolen. the paper work processed by the lien sale company should have taken care of the contacting and notifying any parties of interest.

we called the dmv to ask about the vin and plate they said it was not coming up stolen and there is not a finance company on the registration. the only thing wrong was that it was 2 months past the renewal.

the company that came out to do the lien sale for him assessed the vehicle under 3000.00 and damaged. they are supposed to check the title and crap too.

maybe the owner got the notice and then reported it stolen so that he doesn't have to pay...who knows.

oh well, my record is clean. if anything, i might be charged as an accessory.

at least im not sitting in jail.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard

Last edited by m0n1; 04-26-2008 at 10:31 PM..
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote