Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Good dreams or bad dreams?
I'd rather have dreams that are better than real life. 11 91.67%
I'd rather have dreams that make real life seem better. 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6
Default Are good dreams really better than bad dreams?

So Im single, and lately Ive been working a lot of overtime so I havent even been able to go out. But I keep having these dreams where Im dating these great girls, everyday hanging out type things. The girls seem to be different in each dream but the theme is the same. The dreams are realistic enough that when I wake up and realize I was dreaming, Im actually disappointed to be back to reality.

On the other hand Ive had dreams with the opposite effect. For example, in college I dreamed that I failed all of my classes and was kicked out of school. I was definitely happy when I woke up and realized that was a dream. During the Iraq invasion, I had a dream I was an embedded reporter in a USMC Stryker when it was attacked and I had to escape home while being chased by Iraqis (). It was a pretty good dream but when I woke up I was definitely relieved.

So my question is, it better to have a dream that scares you or otherwise makes you thankful to have the life you have? Or is it better to have pleasant dreams that have the side effect of making you disappointed in the real world?