Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Wouldn't it be better if we were all born with a million dollar trust and had a wet nurse built like Pam Anderson? Or in this case, wouldn't it have been better if he hadn't gotten into the wreck in the first place?

Yes, it would be fucking awesome, but that's not the world we live in. I'm not making fun of your question, I'm just showing that from my perspective I live in a world with realistic expectations. People are not ever going to be at 100% alertness on any consistent basis, that's not the way the world works. My argument is that using marijuana has such a negligible effect on a person's CNS, cognitive and other functions that it should be viewed and overlooked the same way we do other accepted behaviors, such as drinking copious amounts of caffeine to make it through a tough shift, driving cars when we are tired from a long day, and so on and so forth.

My other point of contention is that even though you continuously point out how dopeheads are likely to kill someone driving while high, you admit to using a cell phone while driving a motor vehicle, something that is actually proven to greatly increase the likelyhood of a motor vehicle collision.

Would it be better if you didn't drive and talk at the same time? Yes, you would be less distracted....but that's not the world we live in, and I don't hold it against you for talking and driving, I don't look down on you, think you're addicted to your phone, or anything of the sort. Whereas you would look at someone who hit a joint before they left for work in the morning and think lowly of them, to the point of calling them an addict or dopehead.
Yea but here's the real difference between me and your friend Avatard, I respect your right to have an opinion. It's not a matter of right and wrong necessarily. I don't agree that it's "impossible" to live in a world where the people in the medical profession aren't overworked, jacked up on Red Bull or high. I think that it's very possible but it will take some reformation of the medical establishment. Oh and I know several EMTs and last I knew they are drug tested so I'm not sure how they are all out smoking dope... Oh and I think that the driving while impaired argument, may have been about drinking but regardless you can justify a wrong by pointing out that I'm doing something wrong... How does that make what you're doing okay? If I take pot shots at passing school buses with an M24, will that make it okay for you to molest children? Of course not.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 07-02-2010 at 01:26 AM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote