Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra
Default Dog breed settled upon.....MAYBE

I think after a little research, and I do mean little, that I want a blue heeler. Or an Australian herding dog. They are of medium size ranging from 40-55 #s, short hair, good with a family and good at defending the home. Plays well, with other animals that its familiar with and is very trainable. Usually attaches to one member of the family more than another but still is a good family dog. Needs at least 30 min a day of good solid exercise, which will help me get off my fat butt and lose some weight I have put on over the past 6 or so years from leaving the Army. Is ok with a basic yard as long as the previous situation is met satisfactorily. But is also ok with just loungin around the house too. I want a pooch bad. My family had a cat when I was a kid as my Pops always said, "Dogs are too much work, gotta walk em, gotta clean up their shit, and are always too needy." To which I would always reply, "but cats are just too damned moody, and if they don't want to get any attention then F you and leave me alone." My thoughts were they are too much like women. Don't get me wrong some cats are very cool, have great personalities and make cool pets for those that are very independant themselves. Thats not me, I love the thought that if I need some my pet to give companionship, I can call on it to come and just be there layin with me to chill or go out for some play time or whatever.
Dog seems to be the only pet that I would ever need.
If there is anyone out there that has had a Heeler and think I am off base or don't know what the hell I may be getting myself into, please, by all means, help wake me up.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote