Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
If you do the math, that comes out to about 2,460 hrs/year... I haven't had a job where I worked under 2,500 hrs/year since college... and $40k/yr ain't bad.

That said, night courses, all that additional time put in, etc, etc... Sorry, I hate to be a dick, but I know a number of teachers and none of them have all this shit to do and make decent money... either you had the worst teaching job ever, or you just weren't very good at it.
Do the math on firefighters too? They have more vacation than teachers yet I never EVER hear anything said about it. How much of their time is actually spent fighting fires?

It kind of makes me laugh that you assume I wasn't good at teaching...instead of maybe assuming that the teachers you knew were crap at it? If you're not giving it your all....you're not doing it right. If you think that educating youth is a part time job, and one that where you can just phone it in (sounds like the teachers you know)....YOU'RE the one not doing it right...not me.

That being said, I wasn't complaining about the amount of work OR the amount of pay. Everyone knows we're not paid well and that it can be a lot of work. It gets easier as the years go by because you don't have to recreate the wheel for every lesson, but it's still a commitment. One I made willingly, and wasn't complaining about. Was just pointing out that it's not exactly a great paying gig.

And if you think 40 a year is good.....makes me wonder what you'd think is bad.