Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Thanks everyone!

Some answers;

She's a redneck, her grand pa was Chief of Police and she has fired rifles and hand guns her whole life. FWIW he carried a Glock for most of his law enforcement career. She's fired the Glock on several occasions but never the "C" model, hence the question about the "C" model...

She wants a "mid-size" handgun for target practice and will probably never own a larger caliber hand gun. I'm trying to convince her to go to a wheel gun for cc. My opinion has always been, 9mm for target, 357 for cc and 12 ga for home defense. Nothing says "GET OUT!!!" like the cocking of a shot gun imho.

Small handguns can be a problem for target practice because they are so light, more of the recoil is transmitted to the hand/wrist. I personally believe that the 9mm/.380 size is perfect for target practice because of it's relatively light recoil and accuracy.

I actually never asked for opinions about "what caliber she should buy?", "what brands do you like?", "what's an economical target ammo?", etc... I was just wondering if any of you had fired the "C". I hear that it is exceptionally loud and that some shooters have problems at night because of the "flares"...

BTW... checked ammo and knew that the 22 was cheaper but as Derf has said the 9mm can cover several roles. It's a great target gun, it can be used for home defense and the Glock isn't a terrible size for cc in shoulder holster imho. FWIW this isn't her first time to the rodeo, her grandpa gave all the grand kids rifles last Christmas...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote