Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
This sucks. I hate that manufacturing is taken out of this country.
Exactly. When does it stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I have no idea if Polaris workers have a union or not. I can tell you that the corps I refer to make a profit certainly. But selling out US jobs for cheaper foreign labor will eventually run them out of customers. No national economy can run off pure consupmtion. There has to be manufacturing, agriculture, and value added. Other wise the 2/3 s of our economy stimulated by consumer consumption stalls out and guess who we belong to then? The people that have the capitol to build and buy.
Exactly as well. We can't just be a nation of consumers. How do we expect to survive when we don't make anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Meanwhile, Arctic Cat is bringing the manufacturing of their engines back INhouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Probably because it makes economic sense...
Of course it makes sense. They can capitalize on polaris moving their stuff to mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
While I hat the idea that 500 more are loosing their jobs, what often gets missed is that probably 10 of thousands of stockholders (that includes peoples pension plans) will either make a bit more or lose a little less.
None of this is new, HD has made sporters in central and south america for a while now as well as opening a plant in India.
The difference... HD does assembly in those countries to sell those assembled bikes in those countries to avoid those countries hefty import taxing. Good move by HD to increase sales in those countries and great move by those countries for securing jobs in their own country. We should take notes.

Don't blame nafta, don't blame the corperations... just blame the govt. A hefty import tax would level the playing field. Stock holders just want more profit, so just make it more profitable to keep jobs here!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote