Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
It was just as scary back then as it was now. The responses to BG's posts and the creation of the Gorilla cage always pissed me off. That people were so unwilling to discuss or even think about the theories being presented illustrated to me that we were fucked as a society.

I suppose it is much easier to say to yourself, "Oh, well Bush is going to protect us from those freedom-hating leftists." or "Thank God Obama is here to change Washington." than it is to attempt to understand what is going on around you and try to take responsibility for it.

I'm in no way saying that all the stuff BG or any other conspiracy theorist posts is true or even based in reality. I'm just saying its always worse to be ignorant and shun than to discuss and understand....because if you (as a collective society) don't, then you're inviting the creation and execution of a police state atmosphere.
We are "fucked as a society" because seeing repeated threads about a hundred thousand UN soldiers being clandestinely based in Colorado that nobody ever sees or talks about so they are prestaged for the planned internationalist takeover of America after a manufactured disaster gets old?

I was fine with BG, but discussing his posts was a futile exercise because he couldn't back up his allegations except with conspiracy websites and anything that refuted those allegations was ignored. It was a number of years ago so I'm not sure, but I don't believe I ever joined in on the off topic bash fests his posts could generate. He really did seem like a nice enough guy and the way I see it the creation of the Gorilla Cage was more to stop the off topic bashing than because people couldn't handle the truth or whatever. I never met BG and didn't know him at all, but nothing in Castor's post surprises me in the least.

One other thing, my inclination to believe these kinds of things doesn't change a bit whoever the resident of the White House is at the time.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote