Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default took the truck in for a flowmaster

Had my better half take the dually in to have a flowmaster cat back system put on. 50 series muffler. old system didn't sound bad but the hangers were rusted off and it was getting a little loose.
imagine my surprise when i get home to check it out and see the pipe they put on between the cat and the muffler was older and in worse condition then the pipe they took off. they also told her it would cost extra for the extra pipe.
called the owner this morning and he was "surprised" when can I bring it back in to let them fix that? I love making two trips to get a job done. guess the wrench monkey figured I wouldn't look under there and see the crap he installed.
why don't we trust garages again? I would have installed it myself but the cost is so close and then I don't have to lay on the ground and do it. yeah, live and learn I guess.

oh by the way flowmaster 50 sucks for sound. it has less sound then my stock F150. That part was my fault though I asked for that muffler. Have to live with that for awhile. I'm hoping it will get a little more sound to it as it ages. I don't want loud but a little attitude would be good.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote