Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA
Default For you pistol nuts

I know, I know - holy crap a thread by Method. I'm a huge lurker these days, but pretty rarely post, much less create a thread.

Way I figure it, a bunch of you guys are huge gun buffs, and I happen to be in the market for advice and a couple of pistols.

I know it's all about personal preference, and I still need to go down to a few ranges and rent the guns I'm interested in, but want to come prepared not only with my selections, but some of your suggestions as well.

I'm looking for a plinker for the range, likely chambered in either 22, 9mm or 25. I'm leaning towards 9mm since it can be a great home defense pistol for my wife and serve as a dual purpose as my (and hers) range plinker.

I'm also in the market for a pistol mainly for home defense, with the option of CC. Not interested in a shotgun, though I know those can be ideal, pending the type of house. I'm looking for something chambered likely in 38, 40 or possibly 45 acp. This will probably vary based on how well the gun shoots and what feels the most comfortable.

What I'm currently planning on shooting and looking at are:

Sig P226 and P229. I like the extra barrel length on the 226, but like the slightly smaller size option for CC with the P229.
Sprinfield XD40
Glock 40

Budget is going to be around 600-800 per pistol, not including accessories.

There are a TON of other guns and gun makers out there. Any suggestions?
Method is offline   Reply With Quote