Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Seems like that would be a given, however an Aerostitch isn't really very convenient, just more convenient than a jacket and pants. You still have to put on the Aerostitch, boots, long socks, gloves, headphones AND get all your stuff packed into a bag, etc. etc. By the time you get ready to roll out I could already be half way there by automobile.

I bring a pair of pants with me, to work, on Monday. Take them home on Friday. Load up a fresh shirt every day, to bring with me. Putting on a two piece 'Stich takes about 30 seconds. A one-piece is about 20 seconds. Yup, if a couple of minutes a day isn't as important as the convenience of not taking that time, then you've definitely lost it.

Very simplistic statement that offers no real solution. Speeding without getting caught means being extremely focused on where a cop may appear and adjusting speed accordingly. Indeed I find that it takes a good percentage of focus from actually riding and just isn't that fun to be constantly searching for cops.

Simplistic, perhaps, but accurate. You can pick your times and places, to avoid getting the pull. If you're misbehaving in city traffic, then you deserve the ticket. Yup. Simple.

Your city is going to make some of the most congested highways and surface streets in America seem like they're fun to ride in? You think sitting in bumper to bumper traffic sucking in exhaust fumes in 110 degree heat (while wearing gloves, boots, Aerostitch, helmet, etc., sounds even remotely fun or entertaining? More power to you if you do, but its not for me. Pre-emptive counter to your probable counter....its not really any more fun no matter what the temperature.

Nope, I wouldn't call that fun. If that's all riding is to you, then definitely give it up. I would weigh the crap on Toronto streets against any other city north of the Mexican border, however, and it would seem that there are several organizations in North America who have rated our traffic as the worst. That's what 30 years of lack of civic planning, with epic growth, will do to you.

Doesn't sound even remotely fun to me. Not to mention the time it takes to upload, edit, and etc those videos.

We each retain or lose our sanity in our own ways.

Really? I'm pretty sure the name of the thread and topic of discussion is literally losing interest in motorcycling. My attitude seems very appropriate to me for the conversation at hand.

Not if you're looking for reasons to ride.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote