Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default Engine Stuttering

Since getting my fairings back on and riding around a lot, i've had no problems until last night. Comming home i noticed my engine was lagging a little bit. i thought it may be user error, and even when keeping the throttle steady the bike would lose power for half a second and then catch up, kind of like chopping the throttle and reapplying it in second gear.

The bike has ridden fine since the accident, the only thing i can think of is either fuel lines or coolant issues. The bike had been sitting for over a month w/ only half a tank in it, which leads me to think fuel line problem. But i ran the bike til it quit and refilled with fresh juice, so its not stale or bad gas. i actually noticed the problem after going 150 miles on a fresh tank.

The second thing im thinking is my coolant system. My resevoir broke in the accident, and i was using a "fixxed" one until i could get a new one. This caused my coolant to basically go away, and i stopped riding because of this. I filled the coolant to the "upper" level on the new resevoir before i started riding again, but it hasnt seemed to fluctuate at all. Im thinking i may be overheating or something, because the bike wont start the problem until the bike is warmed up.

When idling, the tach will bounce between 1.5 and 1 . and sometimes if i let it go enough it will bounce so much that the engine will die.

I'll have to check the spark plugs too, but this prob is new to me. any body have some ideas?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote