Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R
Default Death of Cable Television.

So there is a new update for Xbox 360's releasing sometime in the next few days, In short...It's adding More ways to watch TV via your Xbox. They have a whole list of Contracts with Big name companies (Some not releasing until later this year or early next year) HBOGo, Comcast, Verizion, UFC PPV's etc etc are all listed as whats coming in the future.

Most of them require you to have a subscription to use I.E. You cant use HBOGO if you dont have HBO through your cable provider. But I do honestly feel like it's a big step in the direction of technology.

My question is, Do any of you NOT have Cable? I know almost every show I watch I can stream online through the network website. And of course there is the possibility to Download them if need be. My biggest drawback for not seeking alternative options is Live sports and in HD. I know they have Stuff like the MLB At Bat you can buy every season but they blackout the local teams, and NFL Redzone I can stream on my phone/computer. But it's just easier for me to watch it on my TV Live and in HD instead of trying to haggle my way through secondary applications and streaming them via computer/phone.

Do you think Cable TV will ever fall to the wayside and be overtaken by an online streaming type of service? I think the pricing incentives are there for something different...I pay almost 100$ a month for internet and Cable and would LOVE to cut my expenses if possible.