Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Up here its just shootings and stabbings 4th of july weekend was nuts last year I am sure this weekend will be just as bad.

Which system are you guys using? We had the paper T-system and went with the electronic version. Hated it at first but then grew accustomed to it.

Tom
We're using Meditech/GEMMS. They're moving the majority of the registration stuff to paperless, partly because our department is subcontracted out to a company in another state. The majority of everything done in the hospital though, whether it's Doctors, PAs, Nurses, or Registration, is done through Meditech. It's not a bad system, but it's DOS based. The GEMMS stuff is just a fancy program that works over Meditech to let you use a mouse, but it's clunky as shit and most people just keep using the keyboard because it's quicker.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
I can hear the discussion now "Do it during 3rd shift so it will have less of an impact"
i think the discussion would go something more along the lines of..."Is Tommy working tonight? He is? Great! Lets run it during his shift to piss him the fuck off!"

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
i think the discussion would go something more along the lines of..."Is Tommy working tonight? He is? Great! Lets run it during his shift to piss him the fuck off! Then we'll tip his bike over in the parking lot again!"

fixed

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
i think the discussion would go something more along the lines of..."Is Tommy working tonight? He is? Great! Lets run it during his shift to piss him the fuck off!"

I knew you had a hand in this somewhere

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #15
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I knew you had a hand in this somewhere

Tom
Now how am I suppose to do that? I am a fucking angel...an angel I tell ya. I would never do something like that from down here....

Now if I were up there and I could witness your tantrum then, yes, yes I would

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
It might (?) surprise many that the decision makers in IT are often at the whim of the executive management team of a company. It's not always their call, especially when the revenue-generating divisions of a business want or need something done ASAP. They often don't care about how most or some people may be affected by it. It's sad, but true.
Yeah, I've worked for places like that. It's even worse there because the guy "calling the shots" has no clue as to what will happen at all. Seems the IT people enjoy the pain inflicted a little bit in those places though. Our guys did anyway because everyone in the company knew who was really the cause of the failures.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote