Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Most of the time they just look really really really worn out and "lived in". Around here 2-3 families in a 2 BR home is not uncommon and that takes it's toll on the home.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

We bought a foreclosure a few years ago and the previous owner did stuff like, rip out the towel holders in the bathroom, slashed the window screens, took ALL of the mini blinds...no biggie for us. Nothing wrong with the place. Plus, we had to get new blinds so we got 2inch wood blinds instead of the crappy mini blinds that I'm sure were in there.

I can't imagine why anyone would do anything to the house after it's been purchased by someone else. I've never heard of that before.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I can't imagine why anyone would do anything to the house after it's been purchased by someone else. I've never heard of that before.
Neither have I, but you never know....there's some sick mother fuckers out there.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The builder of my property that got foreclosed ripped out trees in the yard (new construction so he did the landscaping or lack thereof because the grass was never planted), replaced some of the light fixtures with cheaper light fixtures. Took some of the door handles. Basically took what wouldn't be noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I would not buy in Vegas unless it's right in town. If it's a few miles from town you're going to get into neighborhoods where the remaining homeowners are sketchy people who are still at risk for foreclosure later this year or next year, which would then drag your property value down.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Most of the houses are pretty new here so I'm not too worried about it being damaged, and yes I would get it inspected. Especially the plumbing since I hear that people pour concrete into the toilet etc. There are a lot of move in ready foreclosed homes! Most of these houses/condos are just a couple of years old and though some people did vandalize their property, a lot of people left quietly too.

Not sure if i want to go with a house (though I am sure its a better investment) but literally there are condos going for sale here from $25-$50k. I would be paying less than half then what I am paying for my 1 bedroom! How awesome would that be if my mortgage was like $300? And they are in good neighborhoods.

I am more worried about people that are mad because they lost their home and are bitter to see it occupied. And i heard from my friend that he is helping his friend fix up her house after its been vandalized after she moved in. Which isn't the reason I had this concern, had it before that.

I am just paranoid, especially since its not hard to tell that I live alone and its easy to tell what my schedule is.

I am learning to shoot and by the time I get something, I would have a gun, but that's not always a fool proof plan. And a big dog is probably out of the question since Puggy doesn't even like the foster pugs that come to stay temporarily. If I did get a big dog it would be a dobie or a boxer (though the boxer will probably lick the intruder to death) but I don't have the time and the energy to go run around with a big dog, so only couch potato dogs for me.

Good point about changing locks and insurance. I am new to all this stuff so there is a ton of stuff I haven't considered yet!

Last edited by Tsunami; 09-09-2009 at 05:00 PM..
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote