Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I think I win for being a witness to an Accident...

This was my buddy's explorer...And I was behind him when it happened.

All he had was a Fractured Rib...I thought he was Dead when I saw it happen
goddamn scoot!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
About 6 weeks ago... I heard a accident and by the time I looked it had already happened. A guy did the tell tale left turn in front of a biker at an intersection. This was at midnight with no adverse road conditions. The bike was a HD Ultra with the driving lights (read 3 lights forward + running turns). Biker was traveling straight. He tried to avoid and swerve... still hitting car.

I ran thru the intersection (stopping a few cars) and found rider on his back screaming! Held him so he didn't move, had a driver by block the side of traffic with his truck and dial 911. Held the riders head and ensured he wouldn't remove his helmet. Fearing back issues. At this time another couple walks up just as the driver of the car is coming up yelling how sorry he was. I tell him to shut the fuck up. Tell the couple to watch him and ensure he doesn't leave. By now I can hear the calvery coming (police/fire only 1.5 mile away). I haave the 911 dialer watch him and I by myself pick up his Ultra Classic so its not in the way of the paramedics (read 850# + bike / adrenaline is amazing). Picked up all the things that fell off the bike. Got his cell phone from him and called his ICE. By the then the caverly showed up and got him loaded. Gave the cop my info and what little I had of his.

I went back into work and a few hrs later when I was off work, visited him at the hospital to check on him. met some of his family. They were all thank full for my aid. I simply told them that I have had emergency training at work and I'm a biker. It was nothing. We have remained in contact quiet a bit but I did just speak to him yesterday... he's got 13 broken ribs, a broken hand, and a number of other problems including a totalled bike. He says I saved his life but I just dont think much of it. I was glad to help and do what I could.

It was very humbling the entire expierence. I still rode my bike the next morning while thinking of the accident. I am glad about one thing... We will be riding brothers forever and we look forward to riding together in the spring.

Sorry no pics!

Be carefull out there boys and girls!
You da MAN!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
You da MAN!!!

Ya, great job Gas. I'm horrible in those kind of situations. Need more people like you out there for sure.. and less of the people that don't pay attention to wtf they're doing.

About the original topic.. I see people drive like that all the time down here. Pretty scary considering I now ride a bike. This furthers the point of why I don't like the majority of people I come into contact with.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Is it me or is this shit happening more and more during the day?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #15
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Is it me or is this shit happening more and more during the day?
It's not you. Both times I called were during the day.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I don't view it as me being anything but normal. Its a sad state of affairs that unfortuanately makes that not the case. His family said most people just look upon those types of situations. They either don't want to get involved or dont know what to do besides dial 911. Which may have been enough but who knows. I guess I'm a do-er instead of a sit back and watch. I just remember the feeling in my chest when I looked at the intersection after hearing the tell tale accident noise and saw that bike down. My heart dropped... I have seen many accidents but none that affected me so intensly right off the bat.

And this accident as at midnight or so. Which really makes you wonder how he didn't see the bike. In the day light its easy for the headlight to dis-appear. Especially these days with all the day time running lights on cars/trucks. THose have really taken away from our visual pop of our headlights being on.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote