Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Another fun night in the ER

havent had one like this in a while. I walk into a rather busy room, (its friday night in the ghetto, what better time ot get your chronic complaints looked at) So some gangbanger skell keeps banging on the door, its obvious he already got the snot beat out of him and with his attitude deservedly so it seems.

We tell him he needs to be triaged and will be seen when its his turn. Apparently thats not good enough for him. he starts pounding at the door to come in. I get up to answer it, he tries to walk in but realizes I am much larger than he is and am not moving ot let him in. So he starts another profanity laced tirade first towards me then towars our security guard who got up to get him to stop acting out.

I guess he felt the guard was an easier target than I was and jumps him out in the lobby so hospital police arrive and the catch the little fucker and the guard comes in all scuffed up. I figured great its bad enough its busy but theyre making more work for me.

So I bring the guard right in and make an assessment of his injuries. Fortunatley nothing major and I hear they caught the guy who did it so alls good. I get back to work, then an hr later I find out the guy who did this now wants to be seen and have his face fixed since he knows he will be spending a lot of time at rikers (turns out hes a cripp so i am sure hes got other stuff against him) He comes in carrying on and cursing out the staff.

they put him in a separate exam room to keep him away from everyone else. Now I figure hes going to jail so I am in no hurry to get his stuff taken care of and went back to my other patients.

He starts acting up again, I tell the officers to give me a minute so I can examine/talk to him. Close the door and basicaly tell him how it will be and how since hes handcuffed it would be bad if he fell off the table and hurt himself further

So an hr and a half later I am a bit caught up and can see this guy, turns out his injuries are more involved and had a complex laceration I had to sew. So I get all his other injuries/issues taken care of then have to sew up the wound. He starts up again and had to remind him of our previous convo.

I wind up doing an amazing job puting his face back together and think what a waste, all this time and effort on this guy who assaulted our staff, and apparently also went after a nypd cop before he came in.

I guess the best part is that I got some practice fixing wounds like this for when the next person comes in.

Anyway I am off to bed, I will have to talk to detective, administrators and my bosses about it.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

next time sneeze half way through the suture. right into his face. hope he gets sepsis.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

never ceases to amaze me

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Uma
Better half of Gas Man

Moto: '09 Harley Nightster

Holy hell. I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall for all of that!

A quote should be like a miniskirt: long enough to convey the message but short enough to keep it interesting.

Uma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Well the upside is I woke up in my own bed today and am not in central booking in brooklyn. Looks like theyre going the whole 9 yards in pressing charges against this guy which is good, esp considering how much worsea ll this could have ended.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

You have some interesting stories.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

i love Mondays, at least the Tommy story part anyway. LOL

Had an interesting day yesterday. we took the car to go out for father's day. ran into a big roadblock, seems some guy on a bicycle got hit by a 20 yr old kid in his car. died on the scene. got through that and went to lunch, on the way back 2 hours later, body is still on the road with a whole assortment of lights still there.

later I go the the races on the bike, going out I pass the spot, mostly cleaned up. after the races I figure I'll take the freeway home. less chance of deer and the other country highway tends to have issues. (as in earlier that day). get going on the freeway and a guy 3 cars ahead of me takes out a deer. car next to him gets some of it as well. slow down through that mess and a bit farther up the road someone has played pinball with a guradrail and another SUV. freeway is blocked and we have to exit and go around. stuck in gridlock for 30 minutes before I could get off the freeway and go back to the two lane.

took forever to get home. I love riding at night but I hate the bugs and deer.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

ran into one of the hospital police officers thurs night. turns out they didnt even hold the scumbag and released him with an appearance ticket. The hospital is going full bore in charging this guy which is good. The thing that may help him is he will try to use his previous injuries and say that they were inflicted after he was in custody

Most of its on video so we should be good and he will go away for a while.

And on to thurs nights stupidity. I give a girl a cup for a urine sample. She goes in and forgot to put some in the cup (dont think shes a potential rhodes scholar candidate) another one works as some sort of health aide got beat up by a 7 yr old. I had a good time making fun of her, and the last one bitched because she had to wait 4 hrs because she wants apregnancy test. Told her she can get one at the drug store but wanted one here, so after 5 hrs she finally left, told her people were being seein in order of priority