Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #91
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Shit son, I knew a guy who had 4 cars before he had his license, true story! Besides, she's confident she will pass or she'll take it again or she'll just buy the damn thing. You do not have to take the MSF course to ride a motorcycle anywhere in the United States of America. It is voluntary. I had a MC license for years before I took the MSF and only took it then because the Army made me once came back from overseas duty! Oh btw I'm ASSuming you meant "shouldn't".

Driver's license>MSF course

i rode 15 yrs on road bikes before I bothered to get a bike license. gal at the DMV was pretty cool she said she had done the same.

the graphics look very cool.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #92
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Nope, I meant "should". Go buy it. Really. I don't see the big deal with buying it first.
i've had people in class w/ bikes in the garage that failed, now what? if they fail such an easy course should they really be on the road?

we've had students take the class 2-3x and finally pass.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #93
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

the guy in my son's class who quit had a brand new HD in the garage. No longer wanted to even try riding. I guess no one told him these things could tip over.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #94
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i've had people in class w/ bikes in the garage that failed, now what? if they fail such an easy course should they really be on the road?

we've had students take the class 2-3x and finally pass.
Should they be on the road? No, but there are a lot of people who do a lot of things they shouldn't be doing. How many people do you know who don't have a driver's license? I don't know any, but I certainly know a few who shouldn't be on the street.

I also know a bunch of people who own/drive boats that have no business being on the water. Same for any other mode of transportation.

I'm just happy she wants a 250
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #95
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Should they be on the road? No, but there are a lot of people who do a lot of things they shouldn't be doing. How many people do you know who don't have a driver's license? I don't know any, but I certainly know a few who shouldn't be on the street.

I also know a bunch of people who own/drive boats that have no business being on the water. Same for any other mode of transportation.

I'm just happy she wants a 250

Seriously? Cool! Thanks Krabill!

I mean I talked her into a 250, I talked her into the MSF, I bought her some gear, what the fuck do you want from me Racer X? How in the hell can anyone ever please you? Does EVERYTHING have to be done your exact way or we are fucking dumbasses or what?!?! If it were up to her she would have bought a used CBR600RR, got her permit and be riding around town right fucking now in shorts, a tank top and the brain bucket she wore on her god damn scooter! Give me a break ass hole!!!!

:big:

:bigrofl:
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #96
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Yeah for her! She is taking the MSF, has gear, and is getting a bike she likes.

If you didn't say anything about her having a scooter, I would just suggest getting a used bike so you don't put as much money into a new one only to find out she doesn't like riding on the street... but it doesn't sound like you have to worry about that.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #97
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Yeah for her! She is taking the MSF, has gear, and is getting a bike she likes.

If you didn't say anything about her having a scooter, I would just suggest getting a used bike so you don't put as much money into a new one only to find out she doesn't like riding on the street... but it doesn't sound like you have to worry about that.
Nah I met this girl about a year and a half ago when I stopped at her work. She noticed my gear and asked me 50 questions about bikes. She didn't meet me and suddenly decide she wanted a bike trust me! As far as getting used is concerned she'd be more than happy to get one used... do you know anybody that has the new body style that DOESN'T think it's worth as much or more than a new one? I don't know if you saw Moni's post but her's wasn't unusual. Every used '08 250 ad I've seen is for about the same if not more than the $4k otd she's paying now! I saw a Craig's list ad for $4500 last night! Hell some of the older ones aren't any better. Some people think a 2002 model is worth $3000, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it sell for about that new? According to NADA a 2008 Ninja 250 is worth about $2500... Hey more power to you if you can get someone to give you $4000.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #98
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

TIGGER,
With all due respect...
Every time I skim through the thread titles I keep reading the thread title as
"Well My Girlfriend is taking it in the ASS"

Just thought I'd come clean...

(However, if there is any truth to the statement no one will be "coming" clean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #99
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
TIGGER,
With all due respect...
Every time I skim through the thread titles I keep reading the thread title as
"Well My Girlfriend is taking it in the ASS"

Just thought I'd come clean...

(However, if there is any truth to the statement no one will be "coming" clean)
Don't worry it washes off...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #100
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Don't worry it washes off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote