Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #91
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

more detailed info

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/timeline.html

Christianity these days is harmless compared to these fucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #92
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
I to wonder how he wasn't found for so long, because I've heard he had 1 or 2 nanny's as well as baby monitors so if he got up at night he could be monitored.

I think there is a misconception about seizures here. The only reason we knew when my neice was having a seizure when we were with her was because her body would tense up, and her eyes would eventually roll back. She did not have convulsions. When she seized at night the only reason we knew was because she slept with a monitor on due to her tracheostomy. If her oxygen saturation levels started to drop, an alarm sounded.

A friend of my daughter's passed away a year ago from a seizure. (Epilepsy) He had the seizure sometime in the middle of the night NYE/New Years Day. The "kids" had had a party for NYE and there were 6 people sleeping on various couches and chairs around him. His girlfriend was asleep right next to him. NO ONE knew he'd had a seizure until awhile after they all woke up and he didn't wake up. He died 3 days later in the hospital due to massive organ failure from oxygen deprivation.

The same daughter is dating a boy who also has epilepsy. They were laying next to eachother one day and he had a seizure. He made no sounds but he turned away from her and his body stiffened. The only reason my daughter knew he was having a seizure was because she had seen my niece seize so often. He survived and his epilepsy has been under control for over a year.

Point again being, we don't know the details. He may not have been so severely handicapped that someone was in the same room as him every second. Even my niece was allowed to be in rooms during waking hours a few minutes at a time, alone.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #93
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Anne Archer better watch her back.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/travolta-t...-held/17347?nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #94
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

This thread got derailed by a couple of punks. Punks please quiet ur asses down.

thnkx
lifts

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #95
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
more detailed info

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/timeline.html

Christianity these days is harmless compared to these fucks.

Idiots.

How much did Cruise and others of his "level" have to pay to attain that level? Last I heard it was about $400,000, in various class fees as well as some sort of mandatory "investments". Religion my ass.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...entology/print
http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html
http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Prote...eme_13877.html

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-09-2009 at 02:12 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #96
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
Not that I agree with the tenants of Scientology but all "real" (your word not mine) religions have ideas that may seem crazy to those who don't participate. I mean, to believe in someone's who lived thousands of years ago with no proof? To believe in a book that alleges it's words are those of said people? To believe in virgin birth? Or donating 10% of one's income, no matter how desperate one might be, so that one shows their faith? To believe water was turned to wine? Just sayin'.
All very true........But IMO it crosses the line when they demand money before teaching someone about their religion. I don't see other religions doing that. The most they do is ask people to donate.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 AM   #97
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
All very true........But IMO it crosses the line when they demand money before teaching someone about their religion. I don't see other religions doing that. The most they do is ask people to donate.
Well there are plenty of bible colleges, seminaries, etc. that cost you money to enter.

OTOH I can't think of another religion whose founder made public statements that if you really want to get rich, you should found a religion.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #98
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Well there are plenty of bible colleges, seminaries, etc. that cost you money to enter.

OTOH I can't think of another religion whose founder made public statements that if you really want to get rich, you should found a religion.

true... but you don't HAVE TO ATTEND.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #99
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
true... but you don't HAVE TO ATTEND.
Nor do you have to in Scientology, apart from what could be considered fairly equivalent to the average worshiper in a church, with tithing, etc.. I suppose that the biggest difference would be that in scientology, you could buy the equivalent of a bishopric, as people like Travolta and Cruise have.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:20 AM   #100
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I thought to be considered in good standing with the "church" you had to pay or donate
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote