Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #91
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
So what did they use to make the tools? And what did they do with the tools that made the tools?
Smash stuff together enough and, no matter how hard, it eventually breaks. Native Americans made tools from Armour Stone, despite the fact that we use explosives and diamond cutting wheels to work with it today.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #92
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Smash stuff together enough and, no matter how hard, it eventually breaks. Native Americans made tools from Armour Stone, despite the fact that we use explosives and diamond cutting wheels to work with it today.
it was joke, hence the smiley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #93
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Aliens are just a different form of an angel or fallen angel.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #94
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
congratulations, i have been to the area 3 times now. what really is funny here is that i ask a simple question and you guys jump all over it like I am retarded and you have all the answers, promptly inserting foot in mouth.

The point I make with my question is that while the area did have trees, it was basically ONLY in the fertile lands close to the Nile. And you think that these trees would be chopped down for an endless length of rollers and scaffolding just to build these monoliths over hundreds of years, that (as the story books would have you believe) serve no other purpose but a moratorium for a long dead king? What a giant, no, fucking COLOSSAL waste or invaluable resources that would be, no?
The benefits of the life bearing trees in that region staying like that, would far outweigh the alternative.

This leaves only shipping. They had a thriving sea-port based economy, but then they would need to have paid for how many thousands of trees to be imported?

just the tip of the iceberg.
You don't need a endless line of rollers. You just need rollers in front of your object. Once it is off the object that roller is free to move to the front.

I moved a couple hundred pound gate a couple hundred feet because I was told I needed more help then I thought I would. So I did it myself with one steel pole. I also used a Dodge ram but thats not the point. I was told I would tear up the driveway if I pulled it with the truck (I said I will tie it to that damn truck if I had to) so I used the roller to protect the driveway.

I would pull till the roller came out from the gate then I got out and moved the pole to the front and pulled some more. With more poles I wouldn't even need the truck.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #95
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Here you go.........awesome video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURE...eature=related
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #96
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Very interesting, I read about that quite a few years ago. We, being stuck in "our" dimension, can't comprehend other "directions".

I think we might have been visited by "other" lifeforms for thousands or dare say millions of years. AND we might have indeed been fucked with
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #97
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Im with KSG and AP, the technology that had to have been used surpasses anything we could attempt to reproduce today. And look at the QUALITY, machine made and handcrafted cant compare to these historical feats.

And seriously Tig, heirlooms that someone's using today? From thousands of years ago? Or in graves? That we have already excavated I'd like to point out...
So we have excavated every grave?... I was kidding about using it BUT it's not that far fetched. If this material is as tough as been stated then I see no reason why it couldn't still be around. I again say that it is pure poppy cock that someone "can't" make a square block by hand today... Why not? I doubt you'd find someone that would do it but that doesn't mean it can't be done. My God people it wasn't that long ago that we built this entire country by hand using techniques not all that far removed from those employed in these places. Again, the biggest problem here is lack of documentation... The beautiful columns/ruins in Athens, they are nigh on perfect. Anyone think they were made by aliens or whatever? Nope, we know exactly how they were produced because of records. They quarried HUGE blocks of granite using nothing but hammers, chisels and labor. Moved them hundreds of miles, cut them into pieces weighing thousands of pounds and stacked them almost perfectly...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #98
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Ya'll can have your aliens. I'll stick with my spaghetti monster.

Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #99
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
You don't need a endless line of rollers. You just need rollers in front of your object. Once it is off the object that roller is free to move to the front.

I moved a couple hundred pound gate a couple hundred feet because I was told I needed more help then I thought I would. So I did it myself with one steel pole. I also used a Dodge ram but thats not the point. I was told I would tear up the driveway if I pulled it with the truck (I said I will tie it to that damn truck if I had to) so I used the roller to protect the driveway.

I would pull till the roller came out from the gate then I got out and moved the pole to the front and pulled some more. With more poles I wouldn't even need the truck.

James

I didn't bother pointing this out because I felt that this would obvious... I'm honestly starting to think that some of these guys are pulling our legs with this stuff...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #100
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Why does any time aliens are brought up, they are 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000x smarter than us?

If we're not the only ones, why do we put ourselves as the stupidest ones in the universe?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote