Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #91
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Computer Engineer.

Currently a Software Systems Developer for a mid-sized Logistics company.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #92
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I manage tracktime for motorcycles at a track. I have my own trackday company, and now a partner with one track managing their motorcycle division. With the partnership, I am also an instructor for their car events.

Like, for example...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00258.jpg (18.0 KB, 6 views)
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #93
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychochild28 View Post
For now i'm a lighting tech. But eventually I will be a roadie. Right now I just work on the lighting equipment and prep concert lighting. Then i'll start touring w/ different bands and what not.
Friggin awesome! How does one break into that industry? I would LOVE to do that sort of thing, except more the audio part than lighting, but lighting's fun too. I am an audio hobby-ist. I build loudspeakers for home theater, car audio, wire up new systems, volunteer for a dance company as their small time sound guy, etc. I LOVE that stuff.

As far as my job, I'm a field service electronics tech for Walgreens. I work on/install alarms, phone systems, networks, servers, pc's, automated lighting systems, satellite systems, inkjet refil machines, register systems, and whatnot. Yay me.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #94
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Friggin awesome! How does one break into that industry? I would LOVE to do that sort of thing, except more the audio part than lighting, but lighting's fun too. I am an audio hobby-ist. I build loudspeakers for home theater, car audio, wire up new systems, volunteer for a dance company as their small time sound guy, etc. I LOVE that stuff.

As far as my job, I'm a field service electronics tech for Walgreens. I work on/install alarms, phone systems, networks, servers, pc's, automated lighting systems, satellite systems, inkjet refil machines, register systems, and whatnot. Yay me.
A regular jerk of all trades this guy...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #95
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

If you've seen Top Gun. I'm Goose. Only not in the glamorous jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
What does everyone do for a living? I'm a photojournalist. Yes, I take pictures for a living. Sucks, huh?
Photography's a hobby of mine I have been trying ot figure out how to make some money on the side with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarawalker View Post
I'm a club hostess - go figure, sin city

I'm also a vip hostess, which means when you come to town I hook you up with all the specials in town, get you in at any club, no lines, no bs, no hassle - when you're my client you get the rock star treatment

my mom calls me a glamorized party planner
Sin City, huh? My parents retired to there from LA.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #96
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMford View Post
If you've seen Top Gun. I'm Goose. Only not in the glamorous jets.

Photography's a hobby of mine I have been trying ot figure out how to make some money on the side with it.

Sin City, huh? My parents retired to there from LA.
You should set up shop near some twisties and sell pictures to riders... I'd buy some of they were good... Ooo and track action... That's a given.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #97
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You should set up shop near some twisties and sell pictures to riders... I'd buy some of they were good... Ooo and track action... That's a given.
I've taken pics at JGP a couple times. But only of friends, and I just give the digital pics to my friends. I have thought about that though.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #98
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
A regular jerk of all trades this guy...
I'm specialized at jerking too. How'd u know?

Old 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #99
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I've taken pics at JGP a couple times. But only of friends, and I just give the digital pics to my friends. I have thought about that though.
I want pictures of me riding... I have none... well... I kinda have one... a shitty pic of my rear tire doing a burnout in bumper to bumper traffic on the way back from Canada... Drewpy managed to get the lanyard thingy in the way... very smooth of him...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #100
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Whenever I go to the track with my husband and his friends I take pictures of them...and if he is taking the vette I take pictures of all the vettes that are there that day. Most of the vette guys are on CorvetteForum so I post a thread saying which vettes I got pictures of and then either email the pics or mail them a cd. I have had a few guys offer to pay for the pictures but I have never accepted...pictures at the track if just fun for me although I have been paid to do a few kid's birthday parties.

ANYWAY...my point being, you might want to try starting out that way if you are just trying to make a few bucks.

My all time favorite of any track picture I have taken...
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote