Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #91
shmike
Follower

I've run from the cops and been caught.

Not fun.

It was my own fault though, it was a friend's bike and I was on unfamiliar roads. I ditched him and hid out for almost 1/2 an hour to make sure the coast was clear.

He was waiting for me at the house. I got a lecture and wasn't allowed to ride the rest of the day. Mom almost took MY bike away.

That is why I like this forum, it reminds me of when I was 12.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #92
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
There's a simple solution to this whole problem.
and I'm sure that it involves "punishing" me in some way....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #93
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Werd. Tigger posted an experience that was similar to the topic...

You guys started it.. Then you complain about what it turns into? Tigger please...
Funny how that happens...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #94
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Maybe he's guilty of it in other threads, but I really don't think it went down that way here. Racer X said the kid in the article was going to get the book thrown at him and Tigger said he didn't when he was caught for the same thing. Beyond that, Tigger never mentioned it again unless someone else quoted it and said something about it.

Most of this thread was Racer X and Kaneman.

And it's weird that they don't mention them at all isn't it.... It's all my fault!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #95
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Seriously, how many times have you seen a cop on the freeway and then there's another a few miles up the freeway? Like I said, in town I pull over.
Ever been to Brunswick GA? they line them bastards up for miles. Yeah I got one there.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #96
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Ever been to Brunswick GA? they line them bastards up for miles. Yeah I got one there.
Me too, for going 92 in a Ford Festiva filled with luggage (doesn't take much). Uphill. The cop had the speed and location written on the ticket before he walked up to my car. Added my information and handed it to me.

Then he told me I could request a court date to contest it in person, but "with those Michigan tags, it'd probably just be cheaper for you to pay the fine."

*Note: I am not trying to make this thread all about me, just relaying a similar experience.

Last edited by fasternyou929; 10-06-2009 at 11:38 AM..
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #97
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ok, for you 2

who should set the speed limits? or how should they be set up?
Quite sure you rarely obey the speed limit. Yet in almost every thread you defend cops. Got a relative on the force?

And how about speed limits be set according to what the average person is capable of doing, not what an 80-y/o senile person is capable of doing. So deaths might increase, so what? That's the price of freedom & convenience. You don't want the risk, dont get on the road, chump.

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-06-2009 at 11:45 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Yea I'm sorry, I know that it happens from time to time and in certain areas. He said that 90% of the time there are two more cops within 10 miles... I'm not saying that it NEVER is the case, I just doubt that it the case 90% of the time...

Let's see, I think there's about 50,000 miles of freeway in the US, so there would have to be about 50,000 state troopers to cover it 24/7... Hmm I guess that it's possible...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #99
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Me too, for going 92 in a Ford Festiva filled with luggage (doesn't take much). Uphill. The cop had the speed and location written on the ticket before he walked up to my car. Added my information and handed it to me.

Then he told me I could request a court date to contest it in person, but "with those Michigan tags, it'd probably just be cheaper for you to pay the fine."

*Note: I am not trying to make this thread all about me, just relaying a similar experience.
Don't worry, this rule only applies to me.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #100
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Quite sure you rarely obey the speed limit. Yet in almost every thread you defend cops. Got a relative on the force?
What does obeying the speed limit and defending cops have to do with one another?

If someone is man (or woman) enough to break the law, then they should be able to handle the result of their actions.

Tickets suck. But I have never received a ticket I didn't deserve.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote