^ massive ownage meted out
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #92
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
A) Not mentioned in the article is the fee per individual for the program. In fact, the fee is not mentioned anywhere in recent articles, though it was a footnote in the first article I read about the TSA trusted traveler program. The border patrol program is $100 for five years per person.

That said, the TSA has essentially stripped every American of their Constitutional rights and is now selling them back to us, for a monetary fee and for voluntarily surrendering even more personal information. Ask any veteran how good the federal government is at securing personal information from unauthorized disclosure. I've lost count of the number of letters I've gotten from both my military command and the VA informing me of PII security compromises.

B) Point out for me any TSA employee (they are not "agents")* pictured in that article or anywhere that is not a flabby sack of crap. They are poorly trained, poorly qualified, and in general just poor examples of the human race. Yet they are somehow going to protect me from terrorists by either looking at naked pictures of me or rifling through my biometric data and job history? Not likely.

C) In the 10 year history of the TSA, have they accomplished anything besides humiliating law abiding citizens? They have not stopped one single terrorist attack, but they have searched crying toddlers, forced a new mother to drink her own breast milk, finger-fucked a WWII veteran's Medal of Honor, molested a beauty pagent contestant, molested octogenarian paraplegics, and stolen checked property from countless air travelers.

What's not to hate?

*Although they are often mistakenly identified as "agents" in news articles, real federal agents are graduates of either FLETC or the FBI academy in Quantico. TSA workers are neither.
Fair enough. B) and C) are already existing reasons to hate on the TSA. The idea of a voluntary frequent traveler program didn't seem all that bad at first. Personally, I haven't bought into the Nexus or Global Entry programs because I don't want to volunteer the info. But if others do, what do I care? (Note: that opinion is specific to those programs, not my general feeling about the gubmint asking for more info from the peoples.)

But after thinking about A), moving across a border SHOULD be fundamentally different than moving about within our own country. I don't mind a fairly rigorous grilling if I'm going to be a guest in someone else's house (country) for a bit. But you're right, a program like this gives the TSA the opportunity to keep stomping on constitutional rights, and also say, "We're providing you another option, but you're refusing to take it."

Same game as opting out of body scanners, just on a larger scale. You can do it, but they'll make your day miserable and paint you as the bad guy for doing it.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #93
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Fair enough. B) and C) are already existing reasons to hate on the TSA.
Agreed. Just figured I might as well get a good rant in while I was answering the original question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
But after thinking about A), moving across a border SHOULD be fundamentally different than moving about within our own country. I don't mind a fairly rigorous grilling if I'm going to be a guest in someone else's house (country) for a bit.
Also agreed. And I feel a lot better dealing with Customs and Border agents, who are trained professionals (and act like it, for the most part), than I do dealing with the monkeys-in-badges at the TSA.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #94
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Idiots who pull out to pass, only to go 1 mph faster than the other guy.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #95
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Yep.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #96
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I pissed off 99% of those people inbetween Chattanooga and Knoxville yesterday.

I had passing rage going on, shot the gaps on those bitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #97
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

I've got to get back in on this, because I realized I haven't hated anything at all this week (and it's already Tuesday).

Clowns. I still fucking hate clowns.
I hate girl clowns. I hate boy clowns. I hate ass clowns. I hate people that love clowns. I hate people that like clowns. I hate people that say "hey man, clowns aren't that bad". I hate people that are indifferent towards clowns. I hate people that are just "clowning around". I hate ICP. I hate clown fish. I hate young girls who haven't been taught to properly apply makeup since they look like clowns. I hate women with ridiculously dyed red hair because they look like....well, you know; stupid. I hate people with overly large feet....well, because they have big fucking feet.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #98
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Yeah I've heard lots of people hate clowns, and I guess I don't get it. Sure, they act stupid, and look stupid......but so do lots of other characters, such as Disney World characters.

Is the hate because of movies depicting clowns as killers?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #99
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

fucking clowns, my hate comes from my ex aunt. Bitch had life size (adult size) clown dolls she would sit at the kitchen table and move around the house and put them in weird poses that would scare the fucking hell out of us when we were little kids. Bitch was insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #100
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Yeah I've heard lots of people hate clowns, and I guess I don't get it. Sure, they act stupid, and look stupid......but so do lots of other characters, such as Disney World characters.

Is the hate because of movies depicting clowns as killers?
So you don't hate clowns? I hate you too, then.
Clowns depicted as killers, I don't hate.

But I do hate the people with hundreds of bumper stickers on their car. Especially the "happy family" sticker assholes. Fuck you, fuck your kids, and fuck your stupid cat, too.