Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #101
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

My wife has been up at Seven Springs Ski Resort (?) in Pa. since last Thursday and is "supposed" to be coming home tomorrow or Thursday "if" they can get out...back to Richmond, Va. and then on down to NC. They are driving.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #102
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
My wife has been up at Seven Springs Ski Resort (?) in Pa. since last Thursday and is "supposed" to be coming home tomorrow or Thursday "if" they can get out...back to Richmond, Va. and then on down to NC. They are driving.
Not looking too good for that, supposed to snow all day tonight and into tomorrow
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #103
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Not looking too good for that, supposed to snow all day tonight and into tomorrow
That's what we heard lastnight...crazy stuff for sure. I now wish I had gone on the trip with them. Not a bad place to be if you're snowed in. Well as long as they don't get kicked out of the place they are staying in.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #104
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Damnit, why can't I be snowed in at a ski resort!? I hope they're not being charged out the ass...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #105
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Damnit, why can't I be snowed in at a ski resort!? I hope they're not being charged out the ass...
did the snow start out your way yet? still clear and sunny here.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #106
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Good place to be during this time huh ?

As far as being charged...not so far. I think tomorrow is their last night so after that there is no telling. She's with a large group and they have several rooms so I'm sure they'll figure out something to share cost or whatever.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #107
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4
Default ....here we go again......

Left for work this morning at 6 am . Cut down 4 trees that were down and bocking the street (I had the foresight to toss the chainsaw and gas can in before I left. Took 2 hrs to drive 20 miles. Got here about 1/2 hr ago. No parking...the lot hasn't been cleared.....had to park 1/2 mile away and slog in. School admin told me my jeans and lumberjack shirt weren't appropriate wear. We were told we MUST come to work (I'm a teacher...schools have been closed since Friday 12 noon). Checked my mailbox and email....note from school admin that I missed yesterday and "Must insure my timesheet reflects missed days".

Weatherservice says 18-24 inches expected now with 50+mph sustained winds.......STFU. Gotta pick up another 5 gals of kerosene and some more gas for the generator....did I mention no power since Saturday...I'm on a well, so no water...fortunately I have a woodstove and 100 gals of backup stored water.

It's snowing/sleeting as I write this. Fuck it, I'm outta here and headed for home......

Guess I won't be riding that Benelli for a while.......
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #108
z06boy
Letzroll

Geez OTB that has to suck. I have NO desire to deal with conditions like that...not that anyone does.

We're supposed to get high winds tomorrow and we've had too much rain so I'm sure trees will fall but we have ZERO snow at the moment.

I have several tall trees in the yard and cringe everytime they call for high winds especially with the ground already saturated and more rain in the forecast.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #109
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

How's the chicago area? that where I'm flying out of tomorrow to get back "over there"

Not that I'm in that much hurry to get back, but rescheduling flights is a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #110
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Suppose to get 5-8 here... tues-wed. Whipp Dee Doo
They are calling for another 15-20" here. Should be starting any time now.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote