Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #101
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I can see you on that pink 250 tigger...
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #102
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I can see you on that pink 250 tigger...
Yea well, what you riding hop a long? Hey I have to admit I like that design for a girl's bike. It's interesting to say the least!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #103
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Nah I met this girl about a year and a half ago when I stopped at her work. She noticed my gear and asked me 50 questions about bikes. She didn't meet me and suddenly decide she wanted a bike trust me! As far as getting used is concerned she'd be more than happy to get one used... do you know anybody that has the new body style that DOESN'T think it's worth as much or more than a new one? I don't know if you saw Moni's post but her's wasn't unusual. Every used '08 250 ad I've seen is for about the same if not more than the $4k otd she's paying now! I saw a Craig's list ad for $4500 last night! Hell some of the older ones aren't any better. Some people think a 2002 model is worth $3000, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it sell for about that new? According to NADA a 2008 Ninja 250 is worth about $2500... Hey more power to you if you can get someone to give you $4000.
I can relate. I grew up around bikes and come hell or high water I was learning to ride... Erik just happened to come into my life around that time and rode. He had two choices: help me or not. He chose to help, thankfully.

I meant used as in the older style, even though she doesn't really like it. But as I said it doesn't really matter since she has the scooter and pretty much knows what to expect on the street.

I on the other hand, only knew what it was like to ride on the back. Being in control of your own bike isn't for everyone (guy or girl) so rather than invest a lot of money in a bike, I bought a used one. That way I wasn't out too much if I didn't like it. Fortunately I liked it and ended up with my 600. I actually sold the 250 last year (4 years after I bought it) for the same price I paid.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #104
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I can relate. I grew up around bikes and come hell or high water I was learning to ride... Erik just happened to come into my life around that time and rode. He had two choices: help me or not. He chose to help, thankfully.

I meant used as in the older style, even though she doesn't really like it. But as I said it doesn't really matter since she has the scooter and pretty much knows what to expect on the street.

I on the other hand, only knew what it was like to ride on the back. Being in control of your own bike isn't for everyone (guy or girl) so rather than invest a lot of money in a bike, I bought a used one. That way I wasn't out too much if I didn't like it. Fortunately I liked it and ended up with my 600. I actually sold the 250 last year (4 years after I bought it) for the same price I paid.

Well the way people seem to think they hold their worth, if she doesn't like it she can probably sell it for MORE than she paid for it next year!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #105
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I bought my 250 before I got my license. First time to ever be on a bike and I just took off and never looked back.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #106
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I bought my 250 before I got my license. First time to ever be on a bike and I just took off and never looked back.
Yea I got my first bike by shoveling a guy's sidewalk and mowing his lawn. An old Yamaha 250 2 stroke Enduro. It had sat by his shed for years in Michigan. I had some help but for the most part I taught myself how to ride. Man that was some fun!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #107
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Mine was from a guy that asked his girl to marry him without a ring. LOL I helped him get out of the dog house I'm sure.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #108
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

jeez tiggs you'd think your post was titled "how riding drunk makes you corner faster"

Quote:
Don't worry it washes off...
i'll vouch for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post

hah you know i found myself behind a green RR the other day at work and thought about ya? kinda wierd considering weve never met. damn fake internet life!

Quote:
Yea I got my first bike by shoveling a guy's sidewalk and mowing his lawn. An old Yamaha 250 2 stroke Enduro. It had sat by his shed for years in Michigan. I had some help but for the most part I taught myself how to ride. Man that was some fun!
the hurricane came from craigslist. and i had a 15 minute primer on bike trannys on an ancient spanish trials bike
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #109
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Glad to hear she is taking MSF and you get getting her all geared up.

Good choice on the bike, my first bike was an EX250 (Kawai green! ). I rode it for a year, loved that bike. It's a great starter bike. I did buy brand-new and for the record, I never dropped it.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #110
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Thanks for the attach. Pretty wild scheme...but hey...if she likes it good for her.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote