Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #111
Hetare
Squid

Moto: Totaled 06' GSXR750?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Very true....He traded bikes every 18 months or so, whenever he got the urge. But he never really made an announcement when he bought something new, you'd just suddenly see a different bike under his screen name.
I think he sorta did one time after his yellow gixxer got stolen back in '02. I think he had just moved to California about the same time when CF started and he had the yellow gixxer only a few months or so. Then he made a comment about thieves liking gixxers but not Ninjas, which I thought funny.
Hetare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #112
Hetare
Squid

I guess I looked like some sort of ass in my previous post. Sorry for that, Homeslice.

I shouldn't drag this too long, so I will shut up after this one.

For some reason, this is fairly upsetting to me. It feels so surreal.

I guess I have known 101 for 10 years or so. I thought he was a sort of a-hole on SBN , but I learned that he wasn't a bad guy at all. I remember he got in trouble often, ending up banned on CF at least several times. He was tight with Tarek and Snigg, who also got banned sometimes. I remember he stood up for Tarek and/or Snigg one time, and I think he got a warning because of that. I think Rez got tired of what was going on. I didn't think much of it at that time, but he was loyal to his friends, not just to his belief.

I used to tease him every opportunity I found, and apparently that fairly aggravated him from time to time. I even had an honor of appearing in his signature one time I pretty much retired from posting on CF and elsewhere in 2003. That is why I learned about his accident this late. After I read about him, I checked my mail box there. I found several old messages from him. One message was asking how I was doing after I popped in after a hiatus. I thought that was sweet of him at that time, and I still do.

One episode about him that I really like is when he sent a helmet, and a pair of gloves (and maybe a jacket, too?) to Snigg. Some people didn't take Snigg seriously. I guess that was because of his age and probably because he didn't have a bike at that time. Snigg didn't tell much about his private life, but he did post one time that he had to wait on getting a bike for a while because he had to financially help his family. One day Singg posted a message on CF that he got gears from 101, and thanking him. Snigg looked so excited, and it was a great thing to see. Maybe I am connecting two unrelated events or stretching my imagination too much. But I thought that was very generous of 101, and definitely coolest thing I saw on CF.

I can't imagine how much his family, co-workers, and friends miss 101. Even somebody like me, who never met 101, miss him a lot. 101, I had a pleasure of getting to know you. Rest in peace, bud.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #113
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Thanks for posting. You're welcome to stick around.... really. We all seem to feel a bit lost by this. I miss him, too.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #114
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Cool story. Did you have the same name on CF?

I thought Snigg got flack for riding & stunting w/o gear, and owning an R1 as his first bike? Or maybe that was someone else --- It was someone in Kansas or Missouri I think.

Perhaps the reason 101 befriended him was because they both had a similar "irreverent" style. Some people write carefully, to make sure they come across as mature, smart, etc. 101 didn't waste any time doing that, unless he was explaining fuel injection or the Noahide Laws.

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-16-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #115
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetare View Post
I guess I looked like some sort of ass in my previous post. Sorry for that, Homeslice.

I shouldn't drag this too long, so I will shut up after this one.

For some reason, this is fairly upsetting to me. It feels so surreal.

I guess I have known 101 for 10 years or so. I thought he was a sort of a-hole on SBN , but I learned that he wasn't a bad guy at all. I remember he got in trouble often, ending up banned on CF at least several times. He was tight with Tarek and Snigg, who also got banned sometimes. I remember he stood up for Tarek and/or Snigg one time, and I think he got a warning because of that. I think Rez got tired of what was going on. I didn't think much of it at that time, but he was loyal to his friends, not just to his belief.

I used to tease him every opportunity I found, and apparently that fairly aggravated him from time to time. I even had an honor of appearing in his signature one time I pretty much retired from posting on CF and elsewhere in 2003. That is why I learned about his accident this late. After I read about him, I checked my mail box there. I found several old messages from him. One message was asking how I was doing after I popped in after a hiatus. I thought that was sweet of him at that time, and I still do.

One episode about him that I really like is when he sent a helmet, and a pair of gloves (and maybe a jacket, too?) to Snigg. Some people didn't take Snigg seriously. I guess that was because of his age and probably because he didn't have a bike at that time. Snigg didn't tell much about his private life, but he did post one time that he had to wait on getting a bike for a while because he had to financially help his family. One day Singg posted a message on CF that he got gears from 101, and thanking him. Snigg looked so excited, and it was a great thing to see. Maybe I am connecting two unrelated events or stretching my imagination too much. But I thought that was very generous of 101, and definitely coolest thing I saw on CF.

I can't imagine how much his family, co-workers, and friends miss 101. Even somebody like me, who never met 101, miss him a lot. 101, I had a pleasure of getting to know you. Rest in peace, bud.
I still have a picture on my old computer of Snigg holding the Gear. Of couse, we photoshoped the hell out of it

Those were good times. Chatting on AIM with 101, Snigg, Tarek and a whole bunch of other familiars. Tarek sort of fell off the map. I still have a screen cap of his profile page from CF. A mod had added "Man Sex" and "Taking it in the dumper" to his "Interests".

Snigg pops up from time to time on forums. I wonder if he has heard yet?
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #116
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I remember when he sent Snigg the gear. I may be mistaken, but I think 101 MAY have sold him a bike at one point too. I could be mistaken about that though.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #117
Hetare
Squid

Hey azoomm and Red

Quote:
Did you have the same name on CF?
This isn't about me, but my user name there was Metatron. The user name was meant to be something temporary, but when I moved from SBN to CF, I decided to keep it.

Quote:
I thought Snigg got flack for riding & stunting w/o gear, and owning an R1 as his first bike? Or maybe that was someone else --- It was someone in Kansas or Missouri I think.
I don't remember that, but Snigg was in Pennsylvania at that time, I think. And there was a 16 year-old kid on SBN who bought an R6 or R1 in 2001 or 2000 and got killed, I think. Anyway, I thought Snigg may be from Wisconsin, but that was Shadowninja (spell). Saw him somewhere (SBN?), but he is like 27! Time does fly!

Quote:
Perhaps the reason 101 befriended him was because they both had a similar "irreverent" style. <snip> 101 didn't waste any time doing that, unless he was explaining fuel injection or the Noahide Laws.
I don't remember most of what Snigg wrote, but he did get excited when the topic got heated up, I think. I couldn't believe 101 was a self-claimed Democrat because he used the word "Jap" sooo freely, and he would work for a Japanese company! I think he did use the word a few times when he was working for Subaru because I made a comment about it. I retaliated whenever he said something that can be misconstrued as being ghey. That is when he wrote that he would love to kick my butt in his signature. Workeant sent me a PM because she thought 101 might have been bullying me

Didn't he also do some sort of "Free Tarek" campaign?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #118
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Wow, hey Metatron.

The walk down memory lane is actualy pretty therapeutic.... Doesn't make the situation any less surreal, but it's great reliving those old times.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #119
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Cool story. Did you have the same name on CF?

Perhaps the reason 101 befriended him was because they both had a similar "irreverent" style. Some people write carefully, to make sure they come across as mature, smart, etc. 101 didn't waste any time doing that, unless he was explaining fuel injection or the Noahide Laws.

Bill sold Snigg a bike. Cant remember which it was, possibly the 954 he owned for a short time way back when. When Snigg got there to buy the bike, Snigg had no leathers. So 101 cut 600$ off the price of the bike (When he was already charging Snigg what he owed ont he bike), and took him out to get leathers before he let him ride home. When I told him he was crazy for buyting Snigg leathers, he said something along the lines of 'its only money, its not really important'.

Thats the kind of guy he was. He came across as an ass here a lot of the time, and mostly he was just trolling. But he would bend over backwards to help. He gave me a lot of great advice when I younger, and walking down the wrong path. Cant say I listened to it all at the time, but it sure crossed my mind a lot as I got older. Hard to believe i've known the guy since before even CF existed. I take for granted that many of you people will just always be around on some incarnation of a MC forum, very rarely have I had to consider the loss of members who i've been talking to, making fun of, and arguing with for over a decade now.

Somehow though, everytime he mentioned the canyons to me in a PM or a conversation, I had a feeling that he would push it too far. He got faster as he got older, including on the street according to his stories. So many times people told him he should stick to the track, as he could afford it and loved it. But he loved those damn canyons too.

RIP little buddy. You will be missed.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 10-16-2011 at 08:11 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #120
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I guess it was someone else I was talking about. He had a blue R1 in his avatar. Maybe numba1stunta?

Yeah Bill gave people insane deals on his bikes...I bought one sight unseen.....he left it at a shop for me to pick up.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote