Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #111
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep I am! Wait I see a big fuck you in your future...

FUCK YOU!!!!!!

You will note the lack of a smiley! Happy? Before people complained that I didn't use smileys and now I use them too much...
So you are the one who is committing fraud and I am the one who deserves a fuck you? I guess that is the American way now.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #112
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
So you are the one who is committing fraud and I am the one who deserves a fuck you? I guess that is the American way now.
Exactly, its always someone elses fault

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #113
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but dont most of these places make more money/profit off their warantees than the product itself?

Tom
For a individual sale its possible, it just depends on the product. I would say no for the store as a whole. But yes it helps a lot.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #114
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
For a individual sale its possible, it just depends on the product. I would say no for the store as a whole. But yes it helps a lot.

James
I had always heard that the stores made out more on the warantees. I figured that was the case since they will sometimes be flexible on the price, they want ot make the sale and try to get you on the warantee.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #115
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I knew this clown who had a flood in his basement, so he took his TV down there so that he could claim it with his insurance. Total fucktard. Thanks for causing rates to go up for everyone.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #116
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Wow, I jumped into this late. I just got a used 42" plasma 720p from a friend for a couple of hundred bucks. Before I had an old 27" CRT and it was a huge difference moving to a plasma. Going over to my friends' houses that have 1080p with bigger screens make me drool. More than anything else we watch Playhouse Disney, and I don't care. I'm convinced even Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would look better in hi-def.

As for the Harmony remote, it's a must-have. since I got mine my system is easy to operate, even for Ulu. When friends come over nobody fucks up my stuff trying to figure out how to work it, and that makes a big deal for me.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #117
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I had always heard that the stores made out more on the warantees. I figured that was the case since they will sometimes be flexible on the price, they want ot make the sale and try to get you on the warantee.

Tom
You want to sell as many items as you can. The more the store sells the more a store makes.

Using my used car business as an example. I would make more if I sold a warranty. That wasn't the only reason I wanted to sell it. If I sold it there was a better chance of having a happy costumer in the end. They are used cars so things can break down. I would fix anything that was broke but if something does happen they are going to bitch at me and blame me for selling junk.

If they get the waranty they might not have to pay for the repair which is going to make them happy and there is a better chance they will buy from me again.

So it does make a store more money but it can help you keep a customer.

I sold a product to a young woman the other day. Her and her father said they would never buy that product without a service plan. This was their third time buying this product (I don't know how long they had each product) and they used the plan on first two.

And if your selling more then one product in a sale you have more room to make a deal.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #118
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Tom
I don't know anymore but I had a friend who worked at Circuit City 7 or 8 years ago. They payed him about 5 times as much commission for selling a warranty on a $400 TV than they payed him in commission on the TV itself. If you believe they knew what they were doing and paid their salespeople more for more profit they were making a bunch on warranties. Of course if they knew what they were doing they would still be in business.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #119
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
No, you are the fucktards that are ASSuming that I'm committing fraud. I admit that I'm very quick to use the warranty but I don't make shit break or under perform. These plans guarantee performance like new for the length of the plan. My camera is not performing up to MY specifications...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #120
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I knew this clown who had a flood in his basement, so he took his TV down there so that he could claim it with his insurance. Total fucktard. Thanks for causing rates to go up for everyone.
Warranties are not insurance chief.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote