Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #111
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah I hear ya, no long hair was a requirement from the wife. All dogs are cool in my book anyway. Well except for the little ankle bitter rat dogs.
This one is bigger than a yorkie/chiahauahhahauhahauah. It's about a jack russell size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I cannot see a downside to training it to herd children.
me either, but apparently she wasn't happy with me joking about it. You don't need a babysitter if you can get the dog to keep the kids in line while you surf TWFix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #112
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
The length of the hair does not equal the amount of shedding. My short hair dog left more hair behind than any of my two long haired dogs together (and it was harder to brush up 'cause it was so short).
The sheltie sheds pretty good. The west highland barely sheds from what we were told by an owner that works with my wife.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #113
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This one is bigger than a yorkie/chiahauahhahauhahauah. It's about a jack russell size.

me either, but apparently she wasn't happy with me joking about it. You don't need a babysitter if you can get the dog to keep the kids in line while you surf TWFix.
Exactly. Dog backs the kids into the corner, keeps them there until told to let them go. I'm struggling to see a downside to this.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #114
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Yep, part of the reason I am not allowed to have one. She doesn't want to clean up all the shedding.

She also doesn't want me training it to herd our children.
That would be a total win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I cannot see a downside to training it to herd children.
I know right?!

I have heard the same about their shedding (the WH), tho that blue sheltie is one helluva looker!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #115
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
That would be a total win.

I know right?!

I have heard the same about their shedding (the WH), tho that blue sheltie is one helluva looker!
Probably cause she knows our backyard would end up like this, but replace the sheep with children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniwI2hNhDs
Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #116
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

here ya go: http://asheville.craigslist.org/pet/1452015861.html

more "manly"

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #117
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
Heck my favorite pet growing up was a lhasa apso that was bought for my sister, but she never really took care of it, so it became me and my mom's dog. I loved that dog. I don't need a "manly" dog, just want a dog. She will let me get a westie, so that's the plan.

Looked a lot like this one, dont have any digital pics of it. That was before the digi pic era.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #118
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:

Jack Russels are still freaking small- and really irritating.

I would not want a dog barking kids into a corner- they'd be scarred for life! You'd scare them off ever owning another dog. Now, having a dog work them around without barking or showing teeth wouldn't be bad.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #119
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I would not want a dog barking kids into a corner- they'd be scarred for life! You'd scare them off ever owning another dog. Now, having a dog work them around without barking or showing teeth wouldn't be bad.
I don't think they bark or growl much in herding from what I have seen, just control direction with it's body and movement.
Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #120
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Jack Russels are still freaking small- and really irritating.

JRT's are another misunderstood breed. They require training, attention and TONS of socialization so they dont turn into little terrors. Few people do this and thats why you have yappy nippy lil shits.

I had one, he was a great little dog, but took alot of work and always had an issue with short mans disease. Show him a lab or little dog and he wouldnt pay it any mind, show him a pit or a shepard and he was single mindedly prepared to take it down. He would even puff up and stick his chest out.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote