Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-04-2009, 03:44 AM   #121
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by snigg View Post
What with the jordan stickers braH?....
Looks like the Aaron Yates Jordan Suzuki replica from AMA Superbike.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #122
snigg
That Dude

Moto: 02 954

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey Brah people from Pitt don't talk like that... I got the Jordan plastics after I hit a deer last year. I like the way their race bikes look, white is my fav color and it was an option, so... why not? I pay about $400 per kit shipped so I could change every year if I want.
im not hatin', just sayin'
snigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #123
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snigg View Post
im not hatin', just sayin'
Oh no problem! Yo, you my snigger! Besides, I know it's a polarizing look, 50% hate it and 50% love it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #124
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I don't know why everyone is beating up Tigger and his girl about gear. They both obviously know its safer to ride with full leathers. And while its dumb to think she can't get hurt on a 250, you guys all said your peace.

Let it go...

I'm geared up everytime i ride, and by that i mean lid, jacket, jeans, boots, gloves at a minimum, but seriously, who the hell wears full leathers to go to school or to the street corner to fill up for gas?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #125
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I don't know why everyone is beating up Tigger and his girl about gear. They both obviously know its safer to ride with full leathers. And while its dumb to think she can't get hurt on a 250, you guys all said your peace.

Let it go...

I'm geared up everytime i ride, and by that i mean lid, jacket, jeans, boots, gloves at a minimum, but seriously, who the hell wears full leathers to go to school or to the street corner to fill up for gas?
These guys!!! AGATT!!! Oh and I never said that she can't get hurt on a 250 but there's little danger of a high side! I did say that she can't get hurt on her 250 any worse than she would on her scooter. Like I said, no one would bat an eye if she went by on a Vespa wearing a lid and street clothes but her bike says "Ninja" on it so it's AGATT!!! 25-45 mph has the same danger regardless of what you are on! If I went by riding a bicycle doing 25mph wearing biker shorts and a t-shirt, no one would think about it but if I go by on a motorcycle doing the same 25 mph I'm a SQUID!!!! Not to mention the automatic pass cruiser riders get! At the rally there were a couple squeaks about Shane riding his 'Busa wearing jeans, but not a peep was mentioned about Eric and Amorok wearing jeans on their cruisers.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #126
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
If I went by riding a bicycle doing 25mph wearing biker shorts and a t-shirt, no one would think about it but if I go by on a motorcycle doing the same 25 mph I'm a SQUID!!!!
Dude how often does anyone do 25 on a motorcycle

Shit, even just going 2 blocks to the drug store I'm breaking 50
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #127
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post

Liars, or people who never make such short trips in the first place.

IMO it's not impressive for someone to say they wear full gear all the time, when "all the time" means only weekend rides.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #128
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
These guys!!! AGATT!!! Oh and I never said that she can't get hurt on a 250 but there's little danger of a high side! I did say that she can't get hurt on her 250 any worse than she would on her scooter. Like I said, no one would bat an eye if she went by on a Vespa wearing a lid and street clothes but her bike says "Ninja" on it so it's AGATT!!! 25-45 mph has the same danger regardless of what you are on! If I went by riding a bicycle doing 25mph wearing biker shorts and a t-shirt, no one would think about it but if I go by on a motorcycle doing the same 25 mph I'm a SQUID!!!! Not to mention the automatic pass cruiser riders get! At the rally there were a couple squeaks about Shane riding his 'Busa wearing jeans, but not a peep was mentioned about Eric and Amorok wearing jeans on their cruisers.
I wouldn't get on a scooter or a cruiser without wearing the same as i do now. An accident is an accident no matter what type of two wheeler you are on. So whoever was giving Shane crap and gave Eric and Amorok a pass obviously wasn't too bright. As for a bicycle, never gave much thought to that, why use man power when i can use a motor

You can still get hurt going 25 mph. People blow stop signs and lights all the time, the dreaded left turn into your path, non to mention getting hit at the parking lot, etc. Heck you can get rear ended just by sitting at the stop light!

I mean she is wearing something...She's not on there with a tank and flip flops. I wear mesh in the summer, i know its a one time crash jacket, and not as durable as leather or even a tighter textile weave, but i'll get another one if and when that happens.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #129
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Liars, or people who never make such short trips in the first place.

IMO it's not impressive for someone to say they wear full gear all the time, when "all the time" means only weekend rides.
call me a big squid, but i don't wear full leathers even on weekend rides...granted i mostly fart around on my little bike. The only times i ever wore a full suit is at the track. and maybe like 2x on a streetride.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #130
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Dude how often does anyone do 25 on a motorcycle

Shit, even just going 2 blocks to the drug store I'm breaking 50
Yea son, you don't ride a Ninja 250.... trust me 25mph is well within the realm of possibility! 0-60 on the bike is ....eventually... If you are going only two blocks, I'm not sure you can make it go over 50 mph in that distance. Oh and you don't deal with the traffic here. Sure we catch 50-60 at times on the way to school but believe it or not, it's not often unless you're getting crazy. The speed limit is 25 or 35 the entire 4 or 5 miles and takes a good 10-15 minutes every morning no matter what we drive/ride. Hell, I've taken her in her Porsche and it takes 10-15 min. I think I made it in under 10 one time when we were running late put I was asking for it!