Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #121
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

My bike isnt performing how I would like it to. I'm calling up Honda right meow.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #122
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Warranties are not insurance chief.

Sure they are, you are paying a premium to get extended coverage. How is that not insurance?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #123
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
My bike isnt performing how I would like it to. I'm calling up Honda right meow.
Um bike has been in several times. My '97 Yamaha YZF1000R had two engine rebuilds and three transmission repairs. I buy the extended warranty on every bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #124
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #125
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Sure they are, you are paying a premium to get extended coverage. How is that not insurance?
You don't affect everyone's "premium" by using it. You don't pay more for the next warranty if you use one and you don't pay less if you don't.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #126
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
No, you are the fucktards that are ASSuming that I'm committing fraud. I admit that I'm very quick to use the warranty but I don't make shit break or under perform. These plans guarantee performance like new for the length of the plan. My camera is not performing up to MY specifications...
Our plans say they will perform as the manufacture say they will for the life of the plan.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #127
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Our plans say they will perform as the manufacture say they will for the life of the plan.

James
That's my point. If my camera isn't taking as quality photos as it should, it's going back to the store. Oh well if you all don't like it.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #128
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
You don't affect everyone's "premium" by using it. You don't pay more for the next warranty if you use one and you don't pay less if you don't.
Not really true. The price a plan on how much they will have to pay out. They need to make money on it.

The warranties I sold were not covered by me, I used a company who's business it was to sell warranties. They price the plans based on how many plans they will sell and how much they will pay out in repairs. The point of business is to make profit.

Like my stepfather always say " profit is not a dirty word".

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #129
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
That's my point. If my camera isn't taking as quality photos as it should, it's going back to the store. Oh well if you all don't like it.
I'm not saying I don't like it. You have everyone else up in arms because of your wording. A lot of these service plans have a performance guarantee. If you feel its not performaning as it should then you have a right to take it in and see if they agree. If they say your problem doesn't fit under the rules then its no deal. If they do its a win for you.

My brother had his laptop in three time for problems and they ended up replacing it. Thats why you buy it, to protect the money you spend on it in the first place.

James
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #130
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I'm not saying I don't like it. You have everyone else up in arms because of your wording. A lot of these service plans have a performance guarantee. If you feel its not performaning as it should then you have a right to take it in and see if they agree. If they say your problem doesn't fit under the rules then its no deal. If they do its a win for you.

My brother had his laptop in three time for problems and they ended up replacing it. Thats why you buy it, to protect the money you spend on it in the first place.

James
That's what I'm saying.