Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #121
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

My ex wife and I got divorced due to her changing her mind about having kids. We discussed it and agreed that we didn't want any before hand.

Her best friend got pregnant...her sister got pregnant and then her cousin got pregnant.

I had gotten a vasectomy because I knew I didn't want any. She wanted me to get it reversed. I said no and one thing led to the next and we ended the marriage.

Part of the problem with us may have been that I was about 14 years older than her and she just felt different later and changed her mind. I didn't.

She's now remarried and has a little boy...good for her.

I'm remarried and the current wife still says no kids so we are doing fine.

She's only 10 years younger than me...hey that's closer.

I don't think that it's a good idea to get a vasectomy while married without first discussing it with your wife...just doesn't seem right. Man up and deal with the consequences.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #122
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Really depends "how" he said it, how firm he was, how old he was at the time, etc. For example, a 21-year old saying he doesn't want kids doesn't hold much weight, because in just a few years most 21-year olds become totally different people with different goals. So, the girl could have thought, "well that's just how he feels now, but he'll probably change later"

I am amazed at the ability of some people to do things like vasectomies and keep it a secret, to me it'd be almost like cheating, there's no way I could hold it in very long. Why even have a "relationship" with a girl if you need to keep these kinds of secrets. Unless she's just a fuck-buddy, not a true partner. Which it's sounding more and more like it's the case here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
My ex wife and I got divorced due to her changing her mind about having kids. We discussed it and agreed that we didn't want any before hand.

Her best friend got pregnant...her sister got pregnant and then her cousin got pregnant.

I had gotten a vasectomy because I knew I didn't want any. She wanted me to get it reversed. I said no and one thing led to the next and we ended the marriage.

Part of the problem with us may have been that I was about 14 years older than her and she just felt different later and changed her mind. I didn't.

She's now remarried and has a little boy...good for her.

I'm remarried and the current wife still says no kids so we are doing fine.

She's only 10 years younger than me...hey that's closer.

I don't think that it's a good idea to get a vasectomy while married without first discussing it with your wife...just doesn't seem right. Man up and deal with the consequences.
Two more male voices of reason.

Triple, I dont know how old you are, I dont knw if you truly want a divorce or not, but maybe the advice of a few guys who seem to have their heads on straight versus a few "emotional" women will hold more weight. Good luck man.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #123
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I guess the course of action every one can agree on us divorce.

Didn't we have a thread like this a little while ago?

And weren't the people who were giving the "best" advice either divorced multiple times, married or engaged after knowing the so for about a year?

Do what you want triple. If you told her you didn't want kids. She is the one to deal with that. Not you. It may not be completely honest, but at least when she forgets her pill on purpose, you'll be covered.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #124
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

your calling Homeslice a voice of reason? Lol.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #125
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Dude -

you're = you are
your = your
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #126
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

fast forward 20 years:

Triple and Triplewife are still married, she's on heavy duty depression meds for not being able to get pregnant. He finally spills the beans and tells her that he had a vasectomy 20 years ago...... she goes to the closet, takes a gun and shoots him in the groin, he bleeds to death.

5 month later the court declares her innocent.

The End

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #127
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
get r done
tell her
live w/ the consequences
VOICE OF REASON

lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #128
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
your calling Homeslice a voice of reason? Lol.
In this instance, yes.

Perfect Cuttle, just perfect!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #129
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by annawil View Post
I voted for him to get it done, and honestly thing he should. I simply think he’s going about getting what he wants in a conniving manner and wanting it done for the wrong reasons.
Um he wants a vasectomy because he doesn't want children, what better reason is there? As far as being conniving, well that was started by me as a joke. I first suggested that he get it done behind his wife's back if he didn't have the "balls" to confront her. This whole "ethics" debate was started by myself and shouldn't be blamed on Triple.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #130
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Really depends "how" he said it, how firm he was, how old he was at the time, etc. For example, a 21-year old saying he doesn't want kids doesn't hold much weight, because in just a few years most 21-year olds become totally different people with different goals. So, the girl could have thought, "well that's just how he feels now, but he'll probably change later"

I am amazed at the ability of some people to do things like vasectomies and keep it a secret, to me it'd be almost like cheating, there's no way I could hold it in very long. Why even have a "relationship" with a girl if you need to keep these kinds of secrets. Unless she's just a fuck-buddy, not a true partner. Which it's sounding more and more like it's the case here.

Shit, I don't unload the entire wagon when I first meet a girl. There is all kinds of shit that a woman will never know about me unless she asks! For example, my current gf had no idea I was part black until she asked and that was after I had "been" with her a few times. Listen, all joking aside, I understand that you should discuss new decisions with your partner but all you guys claiming that you tell your "partners" everything are full of crap!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote