Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #141
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You do realize the majority of people who use drugs or alcohol are not drug addicts or alcoholics don't you?
Says who? Many "experts" believe that any regular use of drugs or alcohol constitutes addiction. You know a few beers every night or compulsive drinking every Fri/Sat. A joint "just to relax", every night after work. Etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #142
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Judging from the vast majority of his posts on this subject I'd say no, which was the point I was illustrating to him...or trying to anyway. Meh.
Hey these are my honest beliefs... apparently, I come off as an arrogant "perfect" ass and some of you look like addicts making excuses... To each their own. I like being sober.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #143
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Nah, you just come off kinda naive on the subject, no biggie.
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #144
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Says who? Many "experts" believe that any regular use of drugs or alcohol constitutes addiction. You know a few beers every night or compulsive drinking every Fri/Sat. A joint "just to relax", every night after work. Etc.
Show me the "experts" who believe the majority of drinkers are alcoholics or the majority of marijuana smokers are drug addicts.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #145
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Hey these are my honest beliefs... apparently, I come off as an arrogant "perfect" ass and some of you look like addicts making excuses... To each their own. I like being sober.
Bullshit. I was making fun of you [it's easy]. You're no different.

Your compulsion, or vice is just not readily apparent here.

You might like the adrenaline of base jumping, or perhaps you're just a chronic masturbater...but I assure you you aren't perfect, and your "bent" is just not readily apparent.

You just think you're better, and you judge others. Wrongly.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #146
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
You should have caught that given all that clear-headed thinking you must have.

Um I did, Kaneman didn't... you quoted my post, didn't you read it? I said that I understand why you said that and corrected my post accordingly.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #147
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

this has gotten retarded, who wants to go smoke a bowl?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #148
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Nah, you just come off kinda naive on the subject, no biggie.
That's weird considering that I've been surrounded by alcoholism and drug abuse my entire life. I can honestly say that I have seen every type of drug used personally. Heck, I saw dudes free basing back in the day, I've watched crack be made, seen people shoot up, been in a meth house, etc. One of my brothers is/was a junkie and the other has done time for dealing. I could go on but why bother? You all seem to feel that you need drugs/alcohol and that their use is perfectly okay and even somewhat necessary. Okay. I honestly believe that we all should strive to eliminate them from the world and that we would be so much better off with out them. Small point, some of you are so protective of the environment but you go on polluting your own bodies/minds...
Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #149
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Show me the "experts" who believe the majority of drinkers are alcoholics or the majority of marijuana smokers are drug addicts.
I don't think I said that. Although, regular use of alcohol is considered alcoholism in some circles. Seriously. My definition is that if you "need" something, then you are addicted. imho.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #150
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
That's weird considering that I've been surrounded by alcoholism and drug abuse my entire life. I can honestly say that I have seen every type of drug used personally. Heck, I saw dudes free basing back in the day, I've watched crack be made, seen people shoot up, been in a meth house, etc. One of my brothers is/was a junkie and the other has done time for dealing. I could go on but why bother? You all seem to feel that you need drugs/alcohol and that their use is perfectly okay and even somewhat necessary. Okay. I honestly believe that we all should strive to eliminate them from the world and that we would be so much better off with out them. Small point, some of you are so protective of the environment but you go on polluting your own bodies/minds...
You association with drug addicts only serves to skew your perspective. Besides, reading your posts pollutes my mind more than any chemical compound.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote