Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #151
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
this has gotten retarded, who wants to go smoke a bowl?
Aw it helped me pass the time between jobs so
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #152
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Bullshit. I was making fun of you [it's easy]. You're no different.

Your compulsion, or vice is just not readily apparent here.

You might like the adrenaline of base jumping, or perhaps you're just a chronic masturbater...but I assure you you aren't perfect, and your "bent" is just not readily apparent.

You just think you're better, and you judge others. Wrongly.
I believe that it is you that is judging me here...
Old 07-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #153
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
you go on polluting your own bodies/minds...
so even though pot doesn't destroy any of our lives and it doesnt hurt anyone when we smoke it you still want it prohibited and have our jails flooded with people who did nothing more than try to unwind a little bit? why is it any concern to you what people do by themselves or with other like minded people as long as they do it responsibly?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #154
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
so even though pot doesn't destroy any of our lives and it doesnt hurt anyone when we smoke it you still want it prohibited and have our jails flooded with people who did nothing more than try to unwind a little bit? why is it any concern to you what people do by themselves or with other like minded people as long as they do it responsibly?
it's not, I've never even said that it should be illegal. You have to read the posts buddy before you get on my case. In fact, my only prohibiting statement was against it's use in the workplace, especially in the military/police/construction/etc where your use can affect me as a coworker as it affects your ability to carry out your duties effectively. It doesn't matter to me what you do on someone else's job site, foxhole, etc. I thought I made that clear.

I certainly don't want our jails "flooded" with those poor, innocent drug users... wait, did they know that the substance was illegal and yet they continued to use it? Why? Hey, the stuff isn't addicting, right? Yet they continue to keep using it and getting busted. Why?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #155
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:

I certainly don't want our jails "flooded" with those poor, innocent drug users... wait, did they know that the substance was illegal and yet they continued to use it? Why? Hey, the stuff isn't addicting, right? Yet they continue to keep using it and getting busted. Why?
because some people dont want to drink or take perscription pills to take the edge off and they see pot as their best choice be it legal or not. this country has had some ass backwards laws in its time and only through people ignoring them were they able to finally change. do you think pot will ever be legal if people act complicit with its legal status?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #156
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I don't think I said that. Although, regular use of alcohol is considered alcoholism in some circles. Seriously. My definition is that if you "need" something, then you are addicted. imho.
Pretty much. Reread our posts. I said most are not addicts. You challenged that with "says who?". You then went on to create your own argument about what some experts think that was irrelevant to disputing my statement. I'm pointing out that irrelevancy.

You have chosen to not drink or use drugs. That is fine for you, but you seem to have attached some kind of nobility to that decision which I fail to see.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #157
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
That's weird considering that I've been surrounded by alcoholism and drug abuse my entire life. I can honestly say that I have seen every type of drug used personally. Heck, I saw dudes free basing back in the day, I've watched crack be made, seen people shoot up, been in a meth house, etc. One of my brothers is/was a junkie and the other has done time for dealing. I could go on but why bother? You all seem to feel that you need drugs/alcohol and that their use is perfectly okay and even somewhat necessary. Okay. I honestly believe that we all should strive to eliminate them from the world and that we would be so much better off with out them. Small point, some of you are so protective of the environment but you go on polluting your own bodies/minds...
Maybe this (if it's even true ) is why you have such a strong and imho skewed opinion on the subject. You seem to think that anyone who just happens to enjoy a drink or a joint recreationally is an addict.

Quote:
Seriously. My definition is that if you "need" something, then you are addicted. imho.
Sure if you 'need' it but like I said above...what if you just enjoy it ? If it was gone tomorrow and I never had another drink or anything else it wouldn't be a big deal at all but since it is...and I enjoy a drink now and then and do wish that pot was legal and would smoke it from time to time if it was doesn't mean I 'need' it. When I've done it in the past it was because I actually enjoyed it.

I am in agreement with you about using it in the work place...especially in the examples you gave above.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #158
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
because some people dont want to drink or take perscription pills to take the edge off and they see pot as their best choice be it legal or not. this country has had some ass backwards laws in its time and only through people ignoring them were they able to finally change. do you think pot will ever be legal if people act complicit with its legal status?
Ah but WHY is it so important that smoking pot be made legal? That's where you are all losing me. You sound as if it is NECESSARY for you all to be able to smoke pot and that's my point. Why is it so necessary? Why not just stop using it all together? It's illegal, there are health risks-whether you want to admit it or not and it does inhibit your ability to function effectively to some extent. Why is it so incredibly impossible to contemplate discontinuing it's use? Why do you NEED it so bad? You all attack me because I think that it's bad without citing any reasons why it's so good beyond "you want it" and "it's not as bad as ______".
Old 07-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #159
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja
Default Ignoring [as you seem to have] the fact that it's medicine for some...

Quote:
Ah but WHY is it so important that smoking pot be made legal? That's where you are all losing me. You sound as if it is NECESSARY for you all to be able to smoke pot and that's my point. Why is it so necessary?
Because in a free society, one should be FREE TO DO TO THEIR OWN BODIES WHATEVER THE MOTHERFUCK THEY WISH. THAT'S CALLED FREEDOM.

Last edited by Avatard; 07-01-2010 at 02:48 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #160
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Pretty much. Reread our posts. I said most are not addicts. You challenged that with "says who?". You then went on to create your own argument about what some experts think that was irrelevant to disputing my statement. I'm pointing out that irrelevancy.

You have chosen to not drink or use drugs. That is fine for you, but you seem to have attached some kind of nobility to that decision which I fail to see.
and you are attaching some sort of necessity to using drugs/alcohol that I fail to see. Oh and I don't think that I am more "noble" than any of you users but apparently, I am more capable of facing reality/life than you are.

Here you are, good luck.

http://www.alcoholscreening.org/Screening/Page04.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism
http://www.medicinenet.com/alcohol_a...sm/article.htm

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm
http://www.nida.nih.gov/pdf/ascp/vol4no1/marijuana.pdf