Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #151
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Mixed-breed is "hip" according to Hollywood.........just cuz they want their actors to appeal to more people and sell more tickets
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #152
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm too lazy but I wonder what the number of naturalized Mexican immigrants is since oh 1990? I bet it's less than 500,000.
Hardly...millions. The problem is that an illegal couple coming to CA, AZ, NM or TX BREEDS (and those mutherfuckers like to fuck)....have 6 kids each and viola!. A million more. The blacks have a saying in Los Angeles...kill 1 wetback and they will just make 20 more. They don't care.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #153
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yes and ATM's are the same now. Although at my bank the choice is about 10 different languages. Which BTW bothers me a lot less than just having Spanish as a choice.
Agreed. At least this way it falls under the "catering to all tourists" category, rather than "catering to a growing demographic, giving them less reason to learn English".

While in Japan, I was never happier than when I found the little English key on their ATM and it made me appreciate how visitors would feel here if they were English only. Except most of them are comfortable with English, but that's a whole 'nother story. Zoom's spot on, our own ignorance can be downright embarrassing.

Now the subway... that was another story. By far the largest culture shock of my life. At least in most languages you have the benefit of matching familiar letters from your destination to the subway map.

In Japan you have to scan this massage map with tons of train stops, looking for "something that looks like a backwards E, followed by a funny looking 4 with 2 birds flying over it, then three boxes stacked like a pyramid, and 3 squiggly lines."
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #154
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Hardly...millions. The problem is that an illegal couple coming to CA, AZ, NM or TX BREEDS (and those mutherfuckers like to fuck)....have 6 kids each and viola!. A million more. The blacks have a saying in Los Angeles...kill 1 wetback and they will just make 20 more. They don't care.
I was exaggerating of course but I'm very sure that the number of Mexicans that emigrated here legally (not born here or whatever bs you're talking about) is less than a quarter of illegals that jumped the fence.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #155
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Yea but you said traveling... not expecting the people of the country you are visiting to know your language. I do agree that we definitely fall short when it comes to knowing other languages. I'm just saying don't EXPECT me to know your language because you decided to sneak into my country.
I'm with you sneak in or not, learn our language if you are going to live here. if I was going to move to another country to live I would learn the language of the country I was moving to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
True story. One of my best friends in HS is Cuban. His parent immigrated to the US in the late 60's. Spanish is predominantly spoken in the home and their maid couldn't speak a lick of English. He took 2 years of Spanish at school and got a C in every semester.
I knew a couple (who's parents were from Mexico) who had to take Spanish in HS to learn any Spanish. he and his wife told me that their parents made them speak English the entire time.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #156
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I will be a racist for a second. I absolutly HATE when I see the back windshield of a pickup with the mexico flag or any other flag. If you love that country so much, then move on down to it. Also if you ever need to contact a mexican and dont have their number. Just sit down and watch the vehicles pass by. You'll eventually see their last name tagged on their car.
Nuyorican's are bad about the flag thing too. I worked with one that had the flag in his car, found out that he had never even been to Puerto Rico. I gave him hell for that. I had never heard of the term Nuyorican before, hell, never even met one till I moved to FL. thought I made that term up then found out it was a real term.

the running joke in FL. about the flags was so they knew who not to steal from.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #157
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Yea my gf went to hs in that area and out of an entire 2000 person student body, maybe 50 were Hispanic and 15 were black! Conversely, the school I went to had maybe 50 white kids... Hahahahaha!
my elementary school & junior high were eerily white. And not just white, but blonde!!!! There were three black kids (all siblings) in the entire school district, and aside from them, there were literally only a handful of brunettes: me, a kid named Eric, and a few exchange students at our junior high. My mom jokes that my jr high yearbook looks like the Aryan nation.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #158
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Quiet now....genetically superior beings are speaking.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #159
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
I was exaggerating of course but I'm very sure that the number of Mexicans that emigrated here legally (not born here or whatever bs you're talking about) is less than a quarter of illegals that jumped the fence.
I have a friend from Costa Rica, he has spent the last 5 years and I think he told me he has spent over $2K. it's just about over now though. he is legal now.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #160
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
I have a friend from Costa Rica, he has spent the last 5 years and I think he told me he has spent over $2K. it's just about over now though. he is legal now.
Good for him!!! I'm serious! Why would you rather sneak around and risk being deported? Over $2,000? The thing is most of them don't want to be Americans, they just want to suck up our lifestyle and resources! That's what pisses me off! I don't care where someone comes from, almost all of us came from somewhere else in the world, but respect our laws and come here legally. Learn our language and join our team! Quite trying to bring fucking Mexico here, if it was so great you should have stayed there! Hmmm... that would be like Kobe joining the Bulls but still wearing LA's uniform!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote